Razer Synapse is awfull

PhDMonster

Hello everybody,

I have been struggling for the past week to fix my Razer products. Either my lighting on the mouse stops working or the lighting on my keyboard after i restart or turn on my PC.

Both products work, but if synapse does not recognize them for some reason i cannot customize. If mouse is not visible there i am stuck with a god awful slow mouse or god awful fast mouse. If keyboard is not visible i cannot see shit with the lights off.

I've tried re-installing Synapse, but it detects only one of my products every time - either the mouse or the keyboard. I've tried uninstalling the devices and their drivers, but that does not work either.

I am kind of getting tired from having to deal with retarded software, please help...

i use a razer keyboard and a razer mouse and i've never installed their synapse software but everything works perfectly without it.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Razer in general is pretty horrendous. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Really? Never had any problems with Synapse. When I bought my Razer stuff it was leagues better than Corsair's lighting software.

Yeah I don't understand the hate Razer gets. I've never had an issue with any of their products or their software. I love their products too so I've bought a fair amount of them.

10 minutes ago, Nex Cube said:

Yeah I don't understand the hate Razer gets. I've never had an issue with any of their products or their software. I love their products too so I've bought a fair amount of them.

I like them too, but that love kind of gets f-ed in the behind by problems like mine.

I understand. I wish I could help but again I've had no issues with them so I wouldn't know where to start beyond contacting Razer support. I would have told you to reinstall but you already did that. Maybe try different USB ports?

I used to use Razer mouse too, I don't know if is me or not, but after awhile the matte material shred off.

So I got myself one with the shinny finishing, that didn't help either.
Now the gaming peripherals market are much more mature, there are a lot of choice out there to consider over Razer. Razer in general is overpriced due to the branding.

On 12/7/2017 at 12:00 PM, i_build_nanosuits said:

i use a razer keyboard and a razer mouse and i've never installed their synapse software but everything works perfectly without it.

How do you pick your dpi without your razer synapse?

Never had a problem with razer software but i just hit up costumer service. I had a shipping issue and they fixed it instantly.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:57 AM, PhDMonster said:

Hello everybody,

I have been struggling for the past week to fix my Razer products. Either my lighting on the mouse stops working or the lighting on my keyboard after i restart or turn on my PC.

Both products work, but if synapse does not recognize them for some reason i cannot customize. If mouse is not visible there i am stuck with a god awful slow mouse or god awful fast mouse. If keyboard is not visible i cannot see shit with the lights off.

I've tried re-installing Synapse, but it detects only one of my products every time - either the mouse or the keyboard. I've tried uninstalling the devices and their drivers, but that does not work either.

I am kind of getting tired from having to deal with retarded software, please help...

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎07 at 9:25 AM, Nex Cube said:

Because in general, Razer's build quality and quality control is way below the likes of Logitech and Corsair in the same price bracket. Razer is the new Beats by Dre. They're only kept afloat because of their marketing. Their products are mediocre at best and without the marketing they do, they would've been dead years ago. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 12/11/2017 at 1:58 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Because in general, Razer's build quality and quality control is way below the likes of Logitech and Corsair in the same price bracket. Razer is the new Beats by Dre. They're only kept afloat because of their marketing. Their products are mediocre at best and without the marketing they do, they would've been dead years ago. 

I've been buying Razer products for well over 10 years and I couldn't disagree more. With heavy usage I'm only on my 2nd Deathadder with many years of usage. I've had a Razer Carcharias headset for several years which outperforms any other headset I have or have bought since. I've also tried several Logitech and Corsair products as well, but I always end up with a Razer. It's not that I fanboy out and won't try other things, they just generally have the product I want and they are made well. The Razer Carcharias is probably like 7 years old and still looks brand new. No deterioration or anything. I bought an Afterglow headset for my PS4 a couple years ago and the ear cups are deteriorating.

synapse is fucking cancer.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.