Jump to content
Majsterek

Most effective card at mining

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So long story short . I heave +- 4000$ to spend on GPU . I heave fairly cheap power . So I was thinking of team read . What would u recommend with the best power to price . Any comments will be helpful

Link to post
Share on other sites

right now I would say don't mine at all... it would take some time even getting your investment back... and then the longer a crypto currency is mined for, the less you mine. So again revenue drop, not to mention the fluctuating exchange rates.


2 Main Systems (mine and my late wifes): AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX. 

 

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

 

Media System: Asrock ASRock Z87 Extreme4/TB4, Intel Core i5 4460, 16 GB Ram DDR3 1600 ADATA XPG, 1 275 GB SSD, 2 Seagate 500 GB HDD, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX

 

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

 

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on what you want to mine, I'm not especially good at this but undervolted Vega 56 or an RX 580 I think 


I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play Paladins & watch anime at 720p...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee! The LAN PC 5.0

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Depends on what you want to mine, I'm not especially good at this but undervolted Vega 56 or an RX 580 I think 

VEGAs are great little miners!

 

Rx 570s are great as they can almost match a 580 but at much lower cost and power consumption.


The Brewery - My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, Ben Quigley said:

VEGAs are great little miners!

 

Rx 570s are great as they can almost match a 580 but at much lower cost and power consumption.

Mybe somthing wich is easier to find . They are out of stock everywhere . I can only find 1070 1080 . This is not good 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Majsterek said:

Mybe somthing wich is easier to find . They are out of stock everywhere . I can only find 1070 1080 . This is not good 

im rocking some 1060's im able to find for $199 as of late..   between 17-19Mh

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Majsterek said:

ohh i was loking at the 8 gigs version that explains a lot . Is there any difference in mining between 8 gig and 6 gig ?

 

so soon my 6gb will no longer be able to do either for its at 2.2GB currently.   really that's the HUGE limitations (is the amount of memory the coin requires).  Im personally stilly buying 1060's 3gb b/c lets be honest....  I can recover my $ with current prices before 3gb is no more.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, orddie said:

so soon my 6gb will no longer be able to do either for its at 2.2GB currently.   really that's the HUGE limitations (is the amount of memory the coin requires).  Im personally stilly buying 1060's 3gb b/c lets be honest....  I can recover my $ with current prices before 3gb is no more.  

I think i will trust you and go with 1060 . or i will do a mix and see wich ones are most profitable for me then keep them for colection purpuses 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1070s and 1060s are the nvidia sweetspot and rx580s are definitely still the amd sweetspots with that vega scarcity.

 

I am obviously not telling you that mining is bullshit and you can be lucky if you even ROI before something else gets hacked or another bubble bursts or whatever ;)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nicnac said:

1070s and 1060s are the nvidia sweetspot and rx580s are definitely still the amd sweetspots with that vega scarcity.

 

I am obviously not telling you that mining is bullshit and you can be lucky if you even ROI before something else gets hacked or another bubble bursts or whatever ;)

 

#1 yeah, those are the best performance to profit/price gpu's.

#2 mining is profitable, but very risky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pachuca said:

#1 yeah, those are the best performance to profit/price gpu's.

#2 mining is profitable, but very risky.

I am not negating that it can be profitable. There are just much more sensible ways of spending money :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, orddie said:

 

examples to back this?

google is a wonderful thing ya know. but as far as hash power is concerned there are no cards that really compair. 1080ti can do 70+ mh/s and vegas can do 2000h/s. All depends on what you are trying to mine, but look at virtually anyone thats building a high end rig right now, and its all 1080ti's. Powercosts are higher though so there is some tradeback. But i encourage you to do some research and figure out what is best for YOU and YOUR budget, not having a bunch of people tell you what to do on the internet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

if you are going to do 1060's i'd recommend the 6gb version, or be very careful what 3gb cards you get (stay away from the gigabyte 1060 3gb cards), some of them struggle their asses off cranked to the moon to touch anywhere close to 20mh/s due to memory type, while most of the 6gb cards can do 24 without a sweat. 1070ti's are doing great 33-34mh/s on ether, a 1070 will do around 31mh/s.

 

470,480,570,580 are pretty much all equal in hashing power and power consumption, they will take bios mods and are on a scale more difficult, more time consuming, and overall more of a pain to setup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, FlatBrokeRacing said:

google is a wonderful thing ya know. but as far as hash power is concerned there are no cards that really compair. 1080ti can do 70+ mh/s and vegas can do 2000h/s. All depends on what you are trying to mine, but look at virtually anyone thats building a high end rig right now, and its all 1080ti's. Powercosts are higher though so there is some tradeback. But i encourage you to do some research and figure out what is best for YOU and YOUR budget, not having a bunch of people tell you what to do on the internet.

this is my point..  people keep throwing out those hash rates and it's not real.  No one shows screen shots or proof of concept.. they just keep saying it. 

I have a 1080ti...  it does not get 70+ that's worth a damn right now. 

 

so we have some spec / comparison below for the 1080ti

ETH: 31.646
DCR: 316
LBRY: 30

 

and the following for 2x 1060's 3gb

ETH: 54
DCR: 546
LBRY: 53

 

2x cards, lower power, more hash.  

 

google is skewed IMO which is why I asked you for more info.  not attacking..  only trying to understand where your data point is coming from

Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends what you mine...

 

I currently have the following cards and have done nothing but mess, mod, overclock, undervolt and beat on the hardware for the last 2 months:

1X 1080ti

1X 1070

1X 1060 6gb

1x 1060 3gb

1x 1050ti

2x rx470

4x rx480

1x rx570

 

I can tell you that certain cards, mine things differently, some better than others. Virtually all of my AMD cards with bios mods, are pulling nearly the same (within 1mh/s) of eachother with samsung, elpida, and hynix memory types. The Nvidia cards, well some are better than others. My 1080ti can do 72mh/s at 80% TDP, -20clock and +400mem this is mining neoscrypt. 

 

not everything is a lie, memory types are like the silicon lottery, some cards will do better than others. It also depends on how you set the cards up, some crypto requires different tweaks in overclocks, underclocks, etc to perform better. You can set them up to conserve power, but drop hash rates, middle of the road, or juice them up for max performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×