Looking for help upgrading from aio to custom loop

I need help with more info and ideas. Before I blow my limited resources getting something wrong, I need to tame this beast  "AMD FX-9370 Vishera 8-Core 4.4 GHz Socket AM3+ 220W FD9370FHHKBOF Desktop Processor - Black Edition " with under 200 for the hardware I can swing the tubes algiside and those more simple items with out much worry ive been using the corsair h100i aio to moderate success for about 3 years now but with an updated gpu, and more temp watching I'm getting huge variables in the consistency of the temperatures and want to go with a built loop also because there sweet. 

as an aside no need for fans or otherwise  (i have 4 120 sp corsairs) . looking at radiator, pump, resivoir, fittings, tubeing, were to get the water for it, the algiside, and or the silver kill cool. 

and if it helps I really like the idea of the bay mounted resivoir 

thanks all any info or tips will be read re read and compared :)

also I'm not opposed to more creative solutions  (see glue mesh dust filters, and porrly done brush paint will be corecting that in due time below) as I have already looked into and decided reusing any part of the aio would be a waste of the new parts

20171206_103446.jpg

20171206_103242.jpg

20171206_103248.jpg

20171206_103234.jpg

You can use this EK Slim kit for just under 200$, the 'kit' contains all what you need for your water cooling from tubings, fittings, Reservoir combo ...etc, but they have the fans included, you cannot remove them. And they are compatible with following sockets:(if you add the 'Free of charge' socket support here:

You can find supported sockets in the photo.

Water cooling.png

We also carry many kits, including the EK kit mentioned above. Feel free to browse our selection here and see if there is anything that would be fitting for your build. 

As always, feel free to contact me if you have any questions about getting the proper kit for your system :) 

this is the kit i went with perfect in my budget with a few extras and shipping now to wait :D

Good luck with that. What size tubing does it come with, it any?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Hey friend,

First thing I will do is wholly discourage you from water cooling you CPU with a custom loop. Is your AIO not up-to-snuff anymore? Take the pump off and flush the rad with CLR. Replacing the tubing Might help you some as well. what you're about to embark on is expensive and potentially dangerous to your other expensives.

But, if you're dedicated to the idea (because you're nutty like the rest of us) then, yeah. let's duet.

DO NOT buy cheap swivel fittings. Cheap, straight/ridged fittings are probably okay provided they have some good barb to them. Only fittings I have ever had leak were cheap 90 degree swivels.

If you're trying to do this for as cheap as possible, omit the reservoir. It makes it a bit tricky to fill but will save you $50-100CAD.

I have a block for an am3+ board. Cuplex Kryos with the black acetal top. Pay for the shipping and it's yours. I toasted my 8350 2 years ago, so the block is just collecting dust. I'm in Winnipeg. This is the block...https://www.aquacomputer.de/cuplex-kryos.html (English site is down, sorry for zeh German).

Have you considered sizing of rads yet? That's a thirsty CPU you have. Have you considered what size tubing you want to go with? Remember your fittings need to correspond with that (ID for barb fittings; ID and OD for compressions).

If you go with a crossflow (like X-flow from Alphacool) rad keep in mind that it is quite a bit longer than one ones that make a full loop around (intake and output from the same end).

Some kind of drill and a rotary tool set is very handy to have for this kind of work. Cut off wheels especially. HSS drill bits... Don't use your HSS drillbits in your rotary tool... They aren't made to operate at 12K RPM.

my best advice to you is to read. Read everything. Find a build log from someone who has watercooled a CPU in your case. Read their parts list. Read their troubles. Read their mistakes. Then Google images. Find some pictures of your case with watercooling installed. Then head to youtube and do the same thing. Build on the shoulders of giants... They have more money to piss away on hardware than you or I :P (The LTT mining server build video is coming to mind... Seriously Jello).

Also, draw pictures. Make a diagram of your loop and be sure to include everything! (Tube bone's connected to the barb bone; barb bone's connected to the compression ring bone, etc)

GL;HF

it is comeing with 1/2 in tubeing the site has alot of options and they make sure to include the proper fittings and everything else as well : ] 

16 hours ago, HarmInTrying said:

Hey friend,

First thing I will do is wholly discourage you from water cooling you CPU with a custom loop. Is your AIO not up-to-snuff anymore? Take the pump off and flush the rad with CLR. Replacing the tubing Might help you some as well. what you're about to embark on is expensive and potentially dangerous to your other expensives.

But, if you're dedicated to the idea (because you're nutty like the rest of us) then, yeah. let's duet.

DO NOT buy cheap swivel fittings. Cheap, straight/ridged fittings are probably okay provided they have some good barb to them. Only fittings I have ever had leak were cheap 90 degree swivels.

If you're trying to do this for as cheap as possible, omit the reservoir. It makes it a bit tricky to fill but will save you $50-100CAD.

I have a block for an am3+ board. Cuplex Kryos with the black acetal top. Pay for the shipping and it's yours. I toasted my 8350 2 years ago, so the block is just collecting dust. I'm in Winnipeg. This is the block...https://www.aquacomputer.de/cuplex-kryos.html (English site is down, sorry for zeh German).

Have you considered sizing of rads yet? That's a thirsty CPU you have. Have you considered what size tubing you want to go with? Remember your fittings need to correspond with that (ID for barb fittings; ID and OD for compressions).

If you go with a crossflow (like X-flow from Alphacool) rad keep in mind that it is quite a bit longer than one ones that make a full loop around (intake and output from the same end).

Some kind of drill and a rotary tool set is very handy to have for this kind of work. Cut off wheels especially. HSS drill bits... Don't use your HSS drillbits in your rotary tool... They aren't made to operate at 12K RPM.

my best advice to you is to read. Read everything. Find a build log from someone who has watercooled a CPU in your case. Read their parts list. Read their troubles. Read their mistakes. Then Google images. Find some pictures of your case with watercooling installed. Then head to youtube and do the same thing. Build on the shoulders of giants... They have more money to piss away on hardware than you or I :P (The LTT mining server build video is coming to mind... Seriously Jello).

Also, draw pictures. Make a diagram of your loop and be sure to include everything! (Tube bone's connected to the barb bone; barb bone's connected to the compression ring bone, etc)

GL;HF

^^ 

thank you for all the advice and if the block comeing with i cant make it work ill deffinatly message you about that one you have thats an amazing offer to help out like that :} 

and the aio just isnt cutting it anymore for style and cooling im pretty sure the main issue is im evaporating the coolent in the system faster than it can condense and make its way back around hence why im going with a full solid flowing loop, to elimitate that problem, the case i will be building this in is not the one pictured but my strom stryker case ive had for a few years then moved to the smaller case do to moveing multiple times issues and needing my pc "smaller" to keep it in my car as i didnt want to ship it lol, also on the idea of opening and flushing the iao cooler i figured if i did that i risk not getting it sealed back up and leaking all over my rig so that was a idea i fast shelved before going this route.

the kit i ordered the pump sits in the resivoir as well and mounts in the front drive bays wich i like mainly due to less conection leads i have to make and once a gain limiting the risk of more area leaking 

JPEG_20171207_193920.jpg

JPEG_20171208_113335.jpg

16 hours ago, HarmInTrying said: