A Blackberry Phone.. IN 2017?? - Blackberry Motion Classic Unboxing

Why on earth was this posted at 4:30 in the morning. (Réalises that LTT is on the other side of the country and in a different time zone) ohhh...

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

The first and last Blackberry I used was the Blackberry Bold 9900 and it was a good one even though I only borrowed it from a friend and used it for four months because that time I don't have a phone. The one thing I miss with the Blackberry is BBM and that LED notification light.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

stop by just to say, bad camera man. Annoying misfocus. Oh, btw, nice play Blackberry, inviting Canadian company to America to review a phone that IS NOT going to be launched in America but instead launch in Canada. Nice Play...

2 hours ago, swizeus said:

stop by just to say, bad camera man. Annoying misfocus. Oh, btw, nice play Blackberry, inviting Canadian company to America to review a phone that IS NOT going to be launched in America but instead launch in Canada. Nice Play...

What's even more confusing is that Blackberry Limited was founded in Canada and is still based there. Why they would go to America to launch a phone that is launching in Canada only for the time being is just odd. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Blackberry is the official smartphone to be used by congressional staffers.  I bet they'll like the upgrade ;)

I am a long-time BlackBerry user since 2007. Started with a 7740, then 8830 World Edition, Tour [9630], Bold Touch [9930], Q10, and now a Priv; I even have a PlayBook :ph34r:. This device has no real interest to me, and I don't see any reason to buy this over any other Android slab. If they want to gain market with these types of devices, they really need to innovate on something; which at this point I believe is far beyond the capabilities of BlackBerry.

The biggest selling point to me has always been the physical keyboard, and is why I continue to buy BlackBerries today. Before BB went to Android, I never used the apps that were 'necessary' for a lot of people; and now with Android it's the same experience as any other Android device. As long as BB continues to make a physical keyboard device, there is a tiny, tiny portion of the market like me who will buy it because of the keyboard. It's funny how when people see my BlackBerry now, the most common response is, 'Oh man, I miss a keyboard!'

I never understood why people were always so against BlackBerry. Yeah, they totally shit the bed when the original iPhone debuted and they discounted the demand for apps and a marketplace (not to mention the total failure of a touch-based UI), but why can't there be more than two brands in a market? My only assumption is that Americans are so dumb we can only decide between two things; Republican/Democrat, Android/iOS, Pepsi/Coke, etc, etc. I just hope BlackBerry can stay afloat with their enterprise services and government contracts and occasionally deliver reasonable physical keyboard devices.

Asking if a company should exist or not is an awfully stupid stance to take on something. Diversity in a market is always a good thing, as is having a wide array of choice. Is this phone for everyone? Absolutely not. Is it for some? Sure. Blackberry is also the only company putting out phones with physical keyboards right now.

You know, I really expect better from a person who reviews and informs people that are into tech. The "because I don't use it, it's not needed" stance is something I expect from Joe Blow, not from someone in your position.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:54 AM, VegetableStu said:

DING!

EDIT: Hold up:

> Event in NY

> Phone not available in the US

hotot_rabbit_room_guardian_by_anyaboz-d8

...I don't know what the hell that is, but I want one. Adding that to my list.

Also they had another event there, so..

On 12/7/2017 at 5:24 AM, hey_yo_ said:

The first and last Blackberry I used was the Blackberry Bold 9900 and it was a good one even though I only borrowed it from a friend and used it for four months because that time I don't have a phone. The one thing I miss with the Blackberry is BBM and that LED notification light.

You know, most phones have LED notification lights ;)

On 12/7/2017 at 10:07 AM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

What's even more confusing is that Blackberry Limited was founded in Canada and is still based there. Why they would go to America to launch a phone that is launching in Canada only for the time being is just odd. 

It likely took place during their Security Summit, which they do in NY and London. The phone's launching abroad, but likely combined it since they were already there. $ave Dat Money.

41 minutes ago, Omon_Ra said:

I am a long-time BlackBerry user since 2007. Started with a 7740, then 8830 World Edition, Tour [9630], Bold Touch [9930], Q10, and now a Priv; I even have a PlayBook :ph34r:. This device has no real interest to me, and I don't see any reason to buy this over any other Android slab. If they want to gain market with these types of devices, they really need to innovate on something; which at this point I believe is far beyond the capabilities of BlackBerry.

The biggest selling point to me has always been the physical keyboard, and is why I continue to buy BlackBerries today. Before BB went to Android, I never used the apps that were 'necessary' for a lot of people; and now with Android it's the same experience as any other Android device. As long as BB continues to make a physical keyboard device, there is a tiny, tiny portion of the market like me who will buy it because of the keyboard. It's funny how when people see my BlackBerry now, the most common response is, 'Oh man, I miss a keyboard!'

I never understood why people were always so against BlackBerry. Yeah, they totally shit the bed when the original iPhone debuted and they discounted the demand for apps and a marketplace (not to mention the total failure of a touch-based UI), but why can't there be more than two brands in a market? My only assumption is that Americans are so dumb we can only decide between two things; Republican/Democrat, Android/iOS, Pepsi/Coke, etc, etc. I just hope BlackBerry can stay afloat with their enterprise services and government contracts and occasionally deliver reasonable physical keyboard devices.

You nailed pretty much what I was going to say. Same thing with RGB products. Color choice is awesome. Don't like it? Buy something else. Or just turn the lights off.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red