kritik

Network connection doubts please help

Well, you want a good standalone router, the Ubiquiti USG or Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite works. You can pair it with a ubiquiti access point (Like the AC-Lite or AC-Pro) and limit the bandwidth to the wireless that way.

Have fun with upgrading the network though. I just finished upgrading my own (Ran CAT6 wires) and changed from the Verizon router to a Ubiquiti USG Pro-4.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey everyone.

I have a serious doubt.

I recently renovated my house and so also wanted to redo my home's networking connections. Earlier it was a pretty basic one and I used a DLink Wireless router to do everything.

Now my needs have grown,

I connected the line to my modem and from modem the connections usually go to a router and then to a switch. BUT the problem is I am unable to find a standalone router with gigabit speed. Then I saw the Ghetto Networking wall video at LTT YT. In the video Luke has connected modem to a wireless router and then to switch. I am a wired guy and basically I want all my devices to work off ethernet for faster speed and I would like to use WIFI only for 1 cellphone (others have 4G). 

My doubt here was will connecting modem to a wireless router and the connecting it to switch will give more bandwidth to WIFI? because WIFI is basically useless for me I DON'T need wifi but I need good ethernet speeds.

P.S.-- sorry for my bad English

- Moved to Networking -

Posting News Articles? News Posting Guidelines - READ BEFORE POSTING

Folding? Read this: LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ | F@H Contribution | My Rig | Project Steamroller

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing. ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "the best way to learn is to teach" ~ Benjamin Jantz

I am a StarCitizen are you? My ships: Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Eclipse, Aegis Gladius, Aopoa Nox, KI P52 Merlin, KI P72 Archimedes and RSI Constellation Aquila.

My Phones are a Nokia Lumia 925 with WM10 and a Microsoft Lumia 950 XL with WM10 running the Fast Ring insider updates.

About Myself: https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/229093-sansvarnic/?tab=field_core_pfield_46

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well, you want a good standalone router, the Ubiquiti USG or Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite works. You can pair it with a ubiquiti access point (Like the AC-Lite or AC-Pro) and limit the bandwidth to the wireless that way.

Have fun with upgrading the network though. I just finished upgrading my own (Ran CAT6 wires) and changed from the Verizon router to a Ubiquiti USG Pro-4.

23 hours ago, Totalschaden1997 said:

We switched to a Ubiquity Networks EdgeRouterX and then configured the wireless router as an access-point. It works out really great so far, never had to restart any network device, yet (in the old configuration I had to restart the wireless router every week bc it couldn't keep up).

Thanks man, help much appreciated.

23 hours ago, scottyseng said:

Thanks a lot, help appreciated