15 members have voted

1. 1. What cooling do you use?

• Stock
    • Air
    • High End Air
    • AIO
    • Modular AIO
    • Custom Loop
    • Exotic Cooling (Phase Change, Ln2, Etc)

I was looking to buy into EK's new lineup of modular aio's. I don't yet feel confident in my ability to assemble and maintain a custom loop, but I fear that I will not get quite the quality I want out of a standard aio. Anyone know how these perform in comparison to custom loops and EK's Predator series? 

Hyper T2 right now, gonna buy a 240MM AIO for Christmas.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 minutes ago, Super Tech Mike said:

I was looking to buy into EK's new lineup of modular aio's. I don't yet feel confident in my ability to assemble and maintain a custom loop, but I fear that I will not get quite the quality I want out of a standard aio. Anyone know how these perform in comparison to custom loops and EK's Predator series? 

Since they are so new long term reliability is hard to say for now but do they not require any fluid changes at all unlike the predator series? @EK Luc

I made the assumption that hey may only occasionally topped off if you wanted to, but I am unsure  

20 minutes ago, Super Tech Mike said:

predator had lots of leak issues because of the difficulty of making sure a shipped unit isn't shaken around too much. but it performed just as good as custom loop  which is much better than AIO

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

4 minutes ago, Super Tech Mike said:

Would you happen to know if that problem was fixed on the phoenix?

The leak that occur from my understanding was with the CPU block, the faulty units were replaced and a new revision came out after that. 

https://www.ekwb.com/news/important-notice-from-ekwb-ek-xlc-predator-240-and-360-r1-0-product-recall/

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

The leak that occur from my understanding was with the CPU block, the faulty units were replaced and a new revision came out after that. 

https://www.ekwb.com/news/important-notice-from-ekwb-ek-xlc-predator-240-and-360-r1-0-product-recall/

It was suppose to be fixed, There were still issues with Rev 1.1.

------

10 minutes ago, Super Tech Mike said:

Would you happen to know if that problem was fixed on the phoenix?

It will not be an issue with MLC Phoenix, The Phoenix CPU uses very different brackets compared to Predator, It's uses there MX series with normal Mounting brackets with a Cover on top of it to give a unique style. The issue with predator First was there was a bad batch of o-rings and it used a different bracket compared to what MX CPU blocks used. The Bracket kept expanding once enough heat was applied to it.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

Mugen 3 on the I5 750 @4.0Ghz

Coolermaster V8 GTS on the I7 4770K@4.2Ghz

Stock on the Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz

Let's agree to disagree

3 minutes ago, Super Tech Mike said:

Is the phoenix all copper?

They are all copper based, the GPU blocks are nickel plated. 

Any idea if the Phoenix has shorter tubing then the Predator did? In the photos I've seen, there was a lot of extra tubing dangling around after the Predator was installed

2 minutes ago, Super Tech Mike said:

Any idea if the Phoenix has shorter tubing then the Predator did? In the photos I've seen, there was a lot of extra tubing dangling around after the Predator was installed

It's longer from what I can tell as each module has it's own length with quick disconnects. 

Total side note, but any idea if EK plans to produce ball valves, plugs, and t fittings for the fluid gaming lineup?

1 hour ago, Super Tech Mike said:

Total side note, but any idea if EK plans to produce ball valves, plugs, and t fittings for the fluid gaming lineup?

Not sure but I don't believe they have plans to as they don't plan to add individual selectable options for hardline (other than the GPU kit) and such.