A question i need answering

Adrian18102001

hi guys so i along with my parents and their parents were born in poland (lower silesnia) and my mums parents (my grand parents) and their sons/daughters uncle and/aunts e.t.c. were born in ukraine in todays time but at the time it was the ussr/russian empire so roughly at least 50% of my family are from the ussr/russian empire which today is ukraine. does this make me polish-ukrainian or polish-russian? i have been thinking about it for a while now.

20 minutes ago, Keith W said:

You and your parents were born in Poland.

So that would make you Polish

True but ethnicically would I be polish-Ukrainian or Polish-Russian since I have a lot of ancestors from there 

1 hour ago, Adrian18102001 said:

True but ethnicically would I be polish-Ukrainian or Polish-Russian since I have a lot of ancestors from there 

What nationality is one their birth certificate? That's what you are. Some people were able to have it changed to Ukrainian after the split

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

My grandad found some certificates and they are

Russian

7 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

What nationality is one their birth certificate? That's what you are. Some people were able to have it changed to Ukrainian after the split

You my friend are a citizen of earth by birth =) 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

If it's asking about your ethnicity, then you would put Polish. Only if you were brought up or had extremely strong Ukranian influences on your upbringing would you consider anything other than Polish.

For example, my boss and his wife are Polish. They have had two children since they have lived here in the UK. He would put them down as British, possibly British-Polish.

I guess it's based on how you were raised.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.