Mr.McMister

Looking For DVD Recorder Suggestions <$700 CDN

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm doing up a "memory lab" for a local library. It's basically going to be a station where people can come in and convert old analog photos, videos etc to digital formats. I've already got a good scanner for photos and slides/negatives, but I'm looking for something to convert old VHS tapes. As largely elderly persons are going to be using this setup I want to keep it as simple as possible so I want to avoid the pc capture card route and go with a standalone dvd video recorder. It needs to be as push button as possible with as few steps as possible. So I'm looking for a dvd recorder for less than $700cdn that's reliable, in production for repair support in case of damage and reliable enough for public use.

I can easily get a hold of a good VCR cheap so that's not a problem.

I own a Toshiba DVR620 that does a fairly decent job of capturing tapes to DVD.

Maybe you could look into that?

Reptar β  | Where Do You Land on 16personalities? | Your Experience with Autism?

MERRY CHRISTMAS, CHARLIE BROWN [Hark, the Herald Angels Sing plays in background]

rip in ass fx-4100, you will not be missed

"Now, there's two ways to play this game: there's the right way to do it, which is to use strategy and actually let the numbers a-are against the block, and you can see how many mines there are, or there's our way of doing it where you just click it and hope that you don't hit a mine."

On 11/29/2017 at 10:50 PM, Daring said:

@Dan Castellaneta x @wcreek \\ Jake x Brendan :^)