Fan Help!!!!

DAGEEK

So I am building a computer and everything works perfectly except my case had five fans and my motherboard has four fan slots the fans have two connecters one to plug into the motherboard the other into the psu the problem is I cannot figure out how to plug in the fans to the psu btw the fan plug to the psu is a 3 pin male thanks!!!!!!!!! a diagram would be helpfull

How do you know it's meant to go to a psu? It sounds like a connector for another fan. Do you have a picture or something?

Don't quite get what you mean....

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Either plug in the 3 pin fan into your motherboard or the molex into your power supply. Not both. If there aren't enough fan connection on your motherboard for them all, you can use a fan splitter or you can plug three of them into your motherboard and then the extra one directly into your power supply.

Compatible with Windows 95

Pictures/specs please

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

So I am building a computer and everything works perfectly except my case had five fans and my motherboard has four fan slots the fans have two connecters one to plug into the motherboard the other into the psu the problem is I cannot figure out how to plug in the fans to the psu btw the fan plug to the psu is a 3 pin male thanks!!!!!!!!! a diagram would be helpfull

Uhhh...never saw a three pin PSU connector...If the "plug" for the PSU is a molex (probably) it will plug into a molex connector from your power supply.  This will have four pins....

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Depends on your power supply but mainly big connectors (molex) are used with PSUs. Some newer PSUs have included fan connector which work same way as molex. They will run fans at max speed and only thing to reduce speed is to get fan controller or LNA. Like @tomlambert01 said, you can connect all fans straight to mobo by getting splitter. My suggestions is, if you choose that way, to use splitter on fans that are same size and doing same thing. Like 2 120mm intake fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

no some PSU fans don't need all 4 pins Just need a postive and negative, if u plug this into the psu without a volt adaptor its probably gonna be loud though

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65