Not sure if i can install more fans.

ozisike

Hello, So recently i built my sister a computer, I've only  ever built one computer ( Mine) and itcame  with  a fan hub so i didn't need to do this, My question is what do i have to buy to be able to install 3 more fans?  I'm pretty sure i buy some  cord that  hooks up to the PSU but i'm not  sure on what exactly. Here Is my  build.

That board has 2 fan headers on it.  Just get splitters if you want to run them off the motherboard.  If not, you can buy a fan controller or hub to run them all.  You could also run them off Molex power, but that would be the last way I would do it.

The motherboard in this build has one CPU fan header and 2 chassis fan headers, how many fans total do you need to have connected (not including the CPU fan)?

A simple splitter for these fan headers can do, or if you want to be a little more fancy, a fan hub could be more to your liking.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, Minibois said:

The motherboard in this build has one CPU fan header and 2 chassis fan headers, how many fans total do you need to have connected (not including the CPU fan)?

A simple splitter for these fan headers can do, or if you want to be a little more fancy, a fan hub could be more to your liking.

Ahh okay, Might look into getting a splitter

2 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

That board has 2 fan headers on it.  Just get splitters if you want to run them off the motherboard.  If not, you can buy a fan controller or hub to run them all.  You could also run them off Molex power, but that would be the last way I would do it.

just connecting the 3 fans on the front

Just now, ozisike said:

Ahh okay, Might look into getting a splitter

just connecting the 3 fans on the front

One more tip, if you're buying a fan splitter or hub: be sure your fans will fit.

A 3 pin fan will work fine in a 4 pin connector splitter (and vice versa), but it does have to physically fit.

Example:

3-pin-fan-power-y-cable-splitter-new-8ba

This splitter wouldn't fit a 4 pin fan on the double sided end, because the plastic is in the way.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

10 minutes ago, Minibois said:

One more tip, if you're buying a fan splitter or hub: be sure your fans will fit.

A 3 pin fan will work fine in a 4 pin connector splitter (and vice versa), but it does have to physically fit.

Example:

3-pin-fan-power-y-cable-splitter-new-8ba

This splitter wouldn't fit a 4 pin fan on the double sided end, because the plastic is in the way.

Okay, Thanks a ton.

16 hours ago, ozisike said:

Probably. But fan isn't PWM, so you'd need to make sure from BIOS that they are voltage controlled.

In this situation fan has 3pin connector and 4pin MOLEX connector. No PWM.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv