Will there be New Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Switch?

Go to solution Solved by ono,

Nothing has been announced so of course you will not find an answer until they do. The "New" series has been a pretty constant series that have co-existed along side the 3D Mario entries for years now so I don't see why that would change on the Switch.

I've historically preferred 2D Marios (I include 3D World here since it has more in common with the 2D games than 3D), and I found Odyssey a blast. Check that one out while waiting for the NSMB news. You'll also have 2D Kirby and Yoshi to keep you busy on the 2D front as well.

We all love the 2D super Mario games where you have to go trough 8 worlds and save Peach. I am maybe going to buy the nintendo switch early next year and i will buy alot of Mario games. But my question is, will there be a New super Mario bros? The Wii U had New super Mario bros U. We want a New version. There is nothing on the internet answering

this question. Please Tell me if you know more.

Soon building: Shardedge

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz

CASE Corsair Crystal 460x

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

I would love that, it's been a while. I feel like since the release of the 3DS and Wii U they've more or less left 2D Mario behind :(

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I think it's likely that they will release a new NSMB game, and later on after sales of that dwindle they will release Mario Maker for the console. It makes sense to release Mario Maker on Switch with all the functionality of the Wii U version and then some, since the console is perfect for it, and they'll probably want to milk NSMB more before doing so, since releasing Mario Maker first would basically make any future NSMB game for the console redundant.

It's nothing more than an educated guess though, so I could be completely wrong.

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would love that, it's been a while. I feel like since the release of the 3DS and Wii U they've more or less left 2D Mario behind :(

2d Mario feels like the main Mario game to me.. i love the concept of it. And i dont like Mario maker that much where are roumors of that that game will release on nintendo switch. Nintendo just give us Smb!!

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

1 minute ago, Jdbye said:

I think it's likely that they will release a new NSMB game, and later on after sales of that dwindle they will release Mario Maker for the console. It makes sense to release Mario Maker on Switch with all the functionality of the Wii U version and then some, since the console is perfect for it, and they'll probably want to milk NSMB more before doing so, since releasing Mario Maker first would basically make any future NSMB game for the console redundant.

It's nothing more than an educated guess though, so I could be completely wrong.

Soooo do u think NSMB will come out for switch?

CPU 

GPU Asus Strix RX470 4GB

SSD 128GB

HDD Seagate 2TB

PSU Corsair CX450M

MOBO MSI Pc Mate B350M 

Nothing has been announced so of course you will not find an answer until they do. The "New" series has been a pretty constant series that have co-existed along side the 3D Mario entries for years now so I don't see why that would change on the Switch.

I've historically preferred 2D Marios (I include 3D World here since it has more in common with the 2D games than 3D), and I found Odyssey a blast. Check that one out while waiting for the NSMB news. You'll also have 2D Kirby and Yoshi to keep you busy on the 2D front as well.

On 07/12/2017 at 4:21 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. The period between 2011 and 2016 had the most 2D Mario releases for a 5 year period since the second half of the 80s. Especially if you discount the ports of NES/SNES games we got on the GBA, which you probably should given they were all ports. We got New SMB 2 on the 3DS, New SMB U on the Wii U, New Super Luigi U on the Wii U, Super Mario Maker on Wii U and 3DS and then Super Mario Run. During the Wii and DS era we got two 2D Mario games. On Wii U, 3DS and Mobile we got 5.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

9 hours ago, skywake said:

I don't know how you came to that conclusion. The period between 2011 and 2016 had the most 2D Mario releases for a 5 year period since the second half of the 80s. Especially if you discount the ports of NES/SNES games we got on the GBA, which you probably should given they were all ports. We got New SMB 2 on the 3DS, New SMB U on the Wii U, New Super Luigi U on the Wii U, Super Mario Maker on Wii U and 3DS and then Super Mario Run. During the Wii and DS era we got two 2D Mario games. On Wii U, 3DS and Mobile we got 5.

Oh interesting, maybe I've just been away.....

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

• 5 months later...

New Super Mario Bros. Switch – The next New Super Mario Bros. game is coming to the Nintendo Switch. There will be a new adventure. The date of release is November 16