Trouble installing Thermaltake water cooler control software

Go to solution Solved by kenblu24,

Bit o' googling brought me to an amazon review recommending to use Antec's ChillControl VI. (Direct link to download) It works, but there's still a way to get the original software to work. If anyone knows, tell me how I fucked up.

Just upgraded my computer running Windows 7 enterprise x64 EVALUATION (10 day trial) to windows 8.1 pro x64. This effectively uninstalls pretty much everything sweeping the leftovers into windows.old which I got rid of. While most things installed hiccup-free, one thing that caused problems both in the previous win7 install and current install is the "Fan control software" for the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme liquid cooler. The first time after a lot of messing about, I finally got the whole thing to work. This time, nearly the same thing happened except I haven't done one thing that I did the first time, which prevents me from installing the software. The process I have gone through:

1. Install the software from the website, because everyone says not to use the included disk. (Version 2, as my s/n is similar to the one on the website.)The install does not complete, gets to "Creating Shortcuts" and then rolls everything back and cancels the install.
  2. Try using the install disk, which contains the same installer as v1 on the aforementioned website. The install completes, but upon opening fan control software, I get "Cannot connect to Fan control device. Check USB connection... blah blah blah"
  3. Check Device manager, which displays an unknown device "690lc" saying that the drivers are missing/botched. This occurs at every stage until everything is functional.

A google for "690lc" shows stuff about antec.

There's something I did the first time around that differs from this time. It might have had something to do with uninstalling the v1 and installing v2, but that doesn't work this time.

I've gone to their tech support, they haven't helped.

tl;dr can't get thermaltake's liquid cooler control software working/installed.

run as admin? and get a decent copy of windows?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

run as admin? and get a decent copy of windows?

First off, I'm not stupid, of course I'd have tried to run as admin, even though it already prompts to do so. Second, 8.1 ain't bad.

Bit o' googling brought me to an amazon review recommending to use Antec's ChillControl VI. (Direct link to download) It works, but there's still a way to get the original software to work. If anyone knows, tell me how I fucked up.

Please speak English, not French, Kevin.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

First off, I'm not stupid, of course I'd have tried to run as admin, even though it already prompts to do so. Second, 8.1 ain't bad.

He tried to help. Don't blow people off like that, you'll gain a bad reputation.

And when he says decent he probably means that it wasn't "borrowed".

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis