Windows and Mac sensitivity

Does anyone know how to get the same dpi on Mac as PC. I’d like to have the same sens on my Mac as my pc (for CSGO And other games)

For Windows the "default" (no exaggeration or attenuation of the signal) is right in the middle of the slider.  Not sure what it is on Mac but I'd imagine it's also in the middle.  Then just control "sensitivity" with your mouse.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Short answer is: you can't without 3rd party software or other hacks. The two systems have different acceleration profiles baked in. That is, how far the pointer moves depending on the speed as well as distance.

This is a long time gripe of mine. Why can't UI designers allow us to customise it to how we like it? This makes major Linux distros as well as Mac OS almost unusable to me without spending too much time on low level fiddling.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

30 minutes ago, porina said:

Short answer is: you can't without 3rd party software or other hacks. The two systems have different acceleration profiles baked in. That is, how far the pointer moves depending on the speed as well as distance.

This is a long time gripe of mine. Why can't UI designers allow us to customise it to how we like it? This makes major Linux distros as well as Mac OS almost unusable to me without spending too much time on low level fiddling.

Well in Windows you can just turn acceleration off, which is what most gamers will recommend anyway... I would assume MacOS has the same option, in which case they would then match pretty well :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well in Windows you can just turn acceleration off, which is what most gamers will recommend anyway... I would assume MacOS has the same option, in which case they would then match pretty well :P

My preferred configuration is acceleration off, but Windows seems to be the only OS that offers it without resorting to hacks.

In the past I've searched high and low on how to do that on Mac OS, and it was quite polarising. Many people, presumably long time Apple users, asked why would anyone want that? They simply couldn't comprehend anyone would want to. There are the odd paid for app that claims to be able to do this, and I did try one which kinda works. Maybe it was a side effect of the hack, it didn't feels as smooth as in Windows. I'd guess there's some scaling under the hood that didn't translate quite perfectly. This was still the case as of Sierra, haven't tried High Sierra but I'm not putting my hopes up.

Similarly on Linux, there was a terminal command you could use to do it, but I never learnt how to execute it on each login. Someone previously submitted it to whoever developed the appropriate part, and the response was on similar lines to the Apple users above... that is the magnitude of ignorance we have out there on what is a basic UI feature.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

On 12/6/2017 at 1:23 PM, porina said:

My preferred configuration is acceleration off, but Windows seems to be the only OS that offers it without resorting to hacks.

In the past I've searched high and low on how to do that on Mac OS, and it was quite polarising. Many people, presumably long time Apple users, asked why would anyone want that? They simply couldn't comprehend anyone would want to. There are the odd paid for app that claims to be able to do this, and I did try one which kinda works. Maybe it was a side effect of the hack, it didn't feels as smooth as in Windows. I'd guess there's some scaling under the hood that didn't translate quite perfectly. This was still the case as of Sierra, haven't tried High Sierra but I'm not putting my hopes up.

Similarly on Linux, there was a terminal command you could use to do it, but I never learnt how to execute it on each login. Someone previously submitted it to whoever developed the appropriate part, and the response was on similar lines to the Apple users above... that is the magnitude of ignorance we have out there on what is a basic UI feature.

On 12/6/2017 at 12:08 PM, Ryan_Vickers said:

Thanks for the help! I just wait until my pc is built.