Google is pulling YouTube from Amazon devices (again)

davrosG5

The thing is, Youtube is a website. They can pull any app owned by them, but there's no reason why a different app can't access Youtube's content an play it - if nothing else, a simple web browser. Whether people with a FireTV can watch Youtube in the future is pretty much up to Amazon (i.e., up to whether they already support other ways to reach youtube or decide to add it through an update).

Since I am pretty much lost in the Googleverse for good (all android and multiple chromecast  video / audio all over my flat), I think it's about time. Even though I have a laptop attached to my tv (steam inhome streaming sink), its just inconvenient to fire up a laptop and break out a wireless keyboard to flick through Amazon Video on their website with tiny text on a TV. I kind of takes the cozy part out of a movie night. My GF occasionally logs into her Netflix Account on my tablet and its simply a much nicer experience (as is plex). I know amazon video ain't got many movies worth watching, but nonetheless. And if putting some force on Amazon makes things more even, that's fine with me

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a workaround is in for the FireTV - just had an e-mail from Amazon announcing the availability of the Firefox and Silk web browsers for FireTV so presumably YouTube access will be available through either of them now regardless of whether there is a dedicated YT app on the platform.