Virtual cats slowing ethereum network

porina

A new craze for virtual kittens is slowing down trade in one of the largest crypto-currencies.

CryptoKitties lets players buy and breed "crypto-pets" on Ethereum's underlying blockchain network.

The game's developers told the Bloomberg news agency that CryptoKitties was a "key step" to making blockchains more accessible.

But its popularity has underscored one of the technology's biggest downsides: its lack of scalability.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42237162

Love or hate mining and crypto currencies, it is here and its uses continue to grow. CryptoKitties were started as a fun way to introduce people to crypto currencies, but it seems its popularity is starting to cause some congestion on the ethereum network on which it uses. I have to admit I'm not really familiar on uses of ethereum other than as "another currency". I understand that bitcoin has had problems with processing speeds due to demand, so are we starting to see ethereum going that way too? A possible sign of the platform reaching a more mainstream status, and the potential problems that may come with it.

For me, I'm going to have to finish off my coinbase verification so I can convert my btc and get some eth and check out these kitties...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

So cats are now starting to screw things up on virtual currencies.

They never learn.

I think eth has already been hard forked a year ago.

Do u think it will happen again? maybe?

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 hour ago, porina said:

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42237162

Love or hate mining and crypto currencies, it is here and its uses continue to grow. CryptoKitties were started as a fun way to introduce people to crypto currencies, but it seems its popularity is starting to cause some congestion on the etherium network on which it uses. I have to admit I'm not really familiar on uses of etherium other than as "another currency". I understand that bitcoin has had problems with processing speeds due to demand, so are we starting to see etherium going that way too? A possible sign of the platform reaching a more mainstream status, and the potential problems that may come with it.

For me, I'm going to have to finish off my coinbase verification so I can convert my btc and get some eth and check out these kitties...

you have to admit that BTC and altcoins have scaled really well so far off of simple hardware backing it up, not corporate funded data centers. BTC and others get patches to help with scaling issues.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

19 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

you have to admit that BTC and altcoins have scaled really well so far off of simple hardware backing it up, not corporate funded data centers. BTC and others get patches to help with scaling issues.

if ethereum gets their chit together and fixes the scaling issues, bitcoin is going bye bye, (eventually)

1 hour ago, porina said:

I have to admit I'm not really familiar on uses of etherium other than as "another currency".

Ethereum is more than a crypto currency, goes a little further. Is a smart contract network, and to 'execute' those contracts, you spend ether. Those kitties are basically contracts on the network.

Well I am in the process of getting ether, so I can breed kitties.

kinda depressing how a market that destroyed gpu availability is now being destroyed by cats is this how weak we are. :D

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

6 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

kinda depressing how a market that destroyed gpu availability is now being destroyed by cats is this how weak we are.

They must need more GPU's :^)

FYI this is not how it works

can't wait to breed kitties

@porina you should add the main site too, and some info from them.

https://www.cryptokitties.co

https://www.cryptokitties.co/faq