KuronoXD

Speakers died. Looking for a new 5.1 setup.

Posted · Original PosterOP

As said in the title, I had the Logitech Z906 for about 6 years but they just died, and from what a bunch of repair guys told me, Logitech doesn't provide spare parts for these.

So, after accepting I have no sound from my PC for the time being, I'm in a rush to replace them. I've been looking at some options, but I've got my eye on the Onkyo ht-s3800 for now.

If anyone has an opinion on them or has a better alternative, please do tell, as I am not very knowledgeable in home theatre setups.

To be clear, I'm looking for a system in a box (don't have the funds to be looking into really enthusiast stuff) and mostly not specialty or niche brands, I don't think I can get them where I live.

19 minutes ago, KuronoXD said:

As said in the title, I had the Logitech Z906 for about 6 years but they just died, and from what a bunch of repair guys told me, Logitech doesn't provide spare parts for these.

So, after accepting I have no sound from my PC for the time being, I'm in a rush to replace them. I've been looking at some options, but I've got my eye on the Onkyo ht-s3800 for now.

If anyone has an opinion on them or has a better alternative, please do tell, as I am not very knowledgeable in home theatre setups.

To be clear, I'm looking for a system in a box (don't have the funds to be looking into really enthusiast stuff) and mostly not specialty or niche brands, I don't think I can get them where I live.

What is your budget? And where do you live so I can look on sites in your country.

Just now, Etrecz said:

What is your budget? And where do you live so I can look on sites in your country.

Between $300 to $400 tops. I live in the Mayan Riviera, but Amazon and Ebay are ok (as long as the shipping isn't stupid expensive). I mainly shop in Mercadolibre, because the return policies are easier than shopping internationally and I normally get one day shipping with my orders, so that'd be the best option.

On 12/7/2017 at 3:36 AM, Etrecz said:

Thanks, I'll consider it, but these are the speakers I've had for years and I've noticed many of their shortcomings, so I was hoping to try something new.