faster charging for phones connected via pc

The title is exactly what I'm wanting to ask. I have an android phone capable of fast charging, but that doesn't seem to work when connected via my pc. Yes it's plugged into the usb 3.0 before anyone asks. I also have a usb 3.1 slot, but that does nothing either. Is there some kind of special connector I'm missing or something?

I have a Samsung S8+ and as for charging off the motherboard, it is what it is.  All you can do is make sure that things like the BIOS are up to date but that won't have any effect either.  Here is the current information concerning voltage levels for USB.

In the USB 1.0 and 2.0 specs, a standard downstream port is capable of delivering up to 500mA (0.5A); with USB 3.0, it moves up to 900mA (0.9A). The charging downstream and dedicated charging ports provide up to 1,500mA (1.5A).

.....  Info provided by: https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS765US765&ei=HGgnWpmCIKWpggfIg6uYBw&q=usb+2+voltage+output&oq=usb+2+vol&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0l3j0i22i30k1l7.241861.248056.0.254935.13.12.1.0.0.0.328.1815.0j6j2j1.9.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..3.10.1816...0i131k1j0i131i20i264k1j0i20i264k1j0i10k1.0.Z3HoNYHUv4Q

The USB ports on your motherboard were more designed for things like syncing your device (phone, tablet, etc.) than they were meant for charging.  If you want a good and fast charge, use the power supply that came with the phone and plug it in to the wall outlet.

Only some special USB ports support fast charging.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you want faster charging AND have it connected to your pc so you can drag files or whatever, you're going to need a powered USB 3.0 dock that will supply the power for fast charging.

Daily Driver:

CPU - Dual X5670 | GPU - GTX 750 Ti | CASE - HP DL380 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 8 x 146GB 15K RPM HDD

Work Horse:

CPU - Quad E7-4870 | GPU - Quad Tesla M2090 | CASE - HPDL580 G7 | RAM - 128GB Samsung 1366 DDR3 ECC | STORAGE - 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 EVO SSD

U must have the certified fast charging port and some even requires u to download apps like msi quick charge to use that feature.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

10 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WhiteWulfe/saved/

That's my pc. Anyone know if that would support fast charging? I have usb 3.1 and c ports on back

You need to enable it with software (SuperCharger). And its available only for 1st USB2 internal port. Labeled JUSB1.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm afraid I'm not following on 1st usb2 internal

Read the manual and you will. They are labeled 1 and 2,1 being same thing as 1st in this situation.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv