Setting up a 4k laptop (Main monitor) and 1080p monitor (secondary)?

I recently purchased a 1080p monitor to compliment my 4k laptop, primarily for editing efficiency among other things, however the extension is not working all that well. Whenever I want to move a window of any kind from one screen to the next it resizes it. The 1080p screen seems be blurry as well due to the extension. I have DisplayFusion installed, but that doesn't seem to be helping in any noticeable manner. Any advice on how to optimize this strange setup is welcome.

2017-12-05_20-16-06.jpg

IMG_20171205_201720.jpg

13 minutes ago, Germanys_Zod said:

Whenever I want to move a window of any kind from one screen to the next it resizes it

Well this is obviously going to happen. Going from a 4k monitor to a 1080p means downsizing.

15 minutes ago, Germanys_Zod said:

1080p screen seems be blurry

Going from a smaller 4k screen to a larger 1080p screen obviously means less PPI. It's just bound to happen.

Again, not sure what you're trying to fix, seems like everything is working as intended.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

15 minutes ago, bob51zhang said:

Well this is obviously going to happen. Going from a 4k monitor to a 1080p means downsizing.

Going from a smaller 4k screen to a larger 1080p screen obviously means less PPI. It's just bound to happen.

Again, not sure what you're trying to fix, seems like everything is working as intended.

Well I've never attempted a set-up like this so its not as obvious to me. Just wondering if there were any programs or ways to set it up that would make it somewhat less awkward.

Just now, Germanys_Zod said:

Well I've never attempted a set-up like this so its not as obvious to me. Just wondering if there were any programs or ways to set it up that would make it somewhat less awkward.

I'm sorry mate, but it seems like windows just deals with pixels. If both monitors aren't the same size, well then they won't align properly.

If you wanted 2 identical rectangles, you could try to set your 4k display to 1080p. That way it would be two 1080p displays and they would line up nicely. But you might not want to do this because you lose your 4k.

And my apologies if you thought I was a bit rude during my previous response, didn't mean to be.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

1 hour ago, bob51zhang said:

I'm sorry mate, but it seems like windows just deals with pixels. If both monitors aren't the same size, well then they won't align properly.

If you wanted 2 identical rectangles, you could try to set your 4k display to 1080p. That way it would be two 1080p displays and they would line up nicely. But you might not want to do this because you lose your 4k.

And my apologies if you thought I was a bit rude during my previous response, didn't mean to be.

No problem, in hindsight I really shouldn't have bought a 4k laptop, it's pretty to look at but not worth the trouble. Hopefully I can afford a desktop sometime soon -_-