The new Noctua Chromax, too tall for my case?

So I recently discovered that Noctua have finally released things of a different colour. Noctua being the best on the market, I decided to look into the new covers and fans. The Noctua website states that the heatsink cover will raise the NH-U12S height to around 164mm. While this is 3mm over my cases 'limit' (the s340 elite) I was wondering if it would actually fit? Best case scenario I buy the cover and put it on and it fits in my case. Worst case it doesn't fit and I just carry on with the black fan but still uncovered heatsink.

Any ideas if this will work?

It probably wouldn't fit.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Hi,

I did manage to fit Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 and its a 160mm High in my S340 Elite with little bit of customization to the fan (Trimmed the bottom edge of the fan a bit to be able to clear for the RAM). 

On the Be Quiet you can adjust the fan location, not sure if you can do that with the C.M, I can close the door with no problem and there is small gap between the fan and the glass door.

I have G.Skill Trident 2x8GB (16GB)

Hopefully that info will help ...

3 hours ago, Arvivk said:

Hi,

I did manage to fit Be Quiet Dark Rock 3 and its a 160mm High in my S340 Elite with little bit of customization to the fan (Trimmed the bottom edge of the fan a bit to be able to clear for the RAM). 

On the Be Quiet you can adjust the fan location, not sure if you can do that with the C.M, I can close the door with no problem and there is small gap between the fan and the glass door.

I have G.Skill Trident 2x8GB (16GB)

Hopefully that info will help ...

When you say small gap between, how small? Could you possibly give a measurement in mm?

1 hour ago, NotAClueWhatIAmDoing said:

When you say small gap between, how small? Could you possibly give a measurement in mm?

2-3 mm, no more.

5 minutes ago, Arvivk said:

2-3 mm, no more.

So the Noctua with the heatsink cover (coming to 164mm) wouldn't fit in the case?

I will say go with something little bit smaller Or you can just customize your case and make it work!