AOC Agon AG271QG

PeterD1001
Go to solution Solved by WereCat,
1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

the acer is 144hz which is better for gaming and I am pretty sure the AOC is at 60hz.

AOC is 165Hz

I have the Agon AG271QG and it is fantastic.

When it released it used the newer version of the AH-IPS panel than ASUS or Acer but they all maybe use the same panel now after few revisions.

They are all prety much the same monitor as they source the panels from AUOptronics.

The AOC has an excellent stand like most of the nice Dell monitors but out of the box is not nearly as well calibrated as the ASUS or Acer one.

The OSD menu is quite lacking but it will do enough for setup and never touch again.

I was able to use High Overdrive which resulted in significantly lower motion blur with no overshoot or glitches and it overclocked to 165Hz without an issue.

The USB hub on the monitor works great as well.

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how this monitor compares to the Asus PG279Q or Acer XB271HU?

Specs seem the same but it's a little cheaper..

Thanks

I don't have that specific monitor but i do have 2 AOC monitors and tbh, they are quite good.

They work fine, don't seem to have issues. If i want to be very picky the only "issue" i ever got with them is that 1 of them doesn't get dark enough, like the brighness slider is 0 and it's still quite bright. The 2 monitors aren't the same btw, (1 is 1080p 144Hz freesync, other is 1080p 60Hz IPS).

Also haven't heard much bad from them either actually...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

the acer is 144hz which is better for gaming and I am pretty sure the AOC is at 60hz.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

AOC is 165Hz

I have the Agon AG271QG and it is fantastic.

When it released it used the newer version of the AH-IPS panel than ASUS or Acer but they all maybe use the same panel now after few revisions.

They are all prety much the same monitor as they source the panels from AUOptronics.

The AOC has an excellent stand like most of the nice Dell monitors but out of the box is not nearly as well calibrated as the ASUS or Acer one.

The OSD menu is quite lacking but it will do enough for setup and never touch again.

I was able to use High Overdrive which resulted in significantly lower motion blur with no overshoot or glitches and it overclocked to 165Hz without an issue.

The USB hub on the monitor works great as well.

basically, according to everyone that has replied now, you get an improved version of the panel and same technical specs. also you save some money that could go towards something else and now depends if you like the design.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz

10 minutes ago, WereCat said:

AOC is 165Hz

Oh really sorry I thought it was only 60hz 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing