Where can I buy this

Gclaw

I have started to get into electronics and making stuff.

right now I’m in the need of a small moter that pushes and pulls like goes up and down.

i know I can look on eBay but then my problem is I don’t even know what to look for. Is there a website that sells just stuff like this? For small hobby electronic projects?

or is there a website that has like parts and what they do so you know what to order? Or what to look for?

i am very new and don’t know stuff like componets names and stuff but I took a class on engering and we learned ohms law and circuits and all that so I have that knowledge 

You're looking for an electric solenoid 

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

3 hours ago, Theguywhobea said:

You're looking for an electric solenoid 

You can also build a solenoid out of and iron dowel with copper wire wrapped around it. Also here's a video that shows you how to make a solenoid engine.

im looking to rapidly push and pull an object that can be used to rapidly tap i guess you can call it 

16 hours ago, Gclaw said:

im looking to rapidly push and pull an object that can be used to rapidly tap i guess you can call it 

electro pneumatic piston?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Go to a big distributor of electronic components like Digikey.com , Mouser.com , Newark.com  (all these in US/Canada ) or Farnell.com RS Components  TME.eu in Europe and other places

You can do that in all kinds of ways. Actuators, solenoids, regular motors, stepper motors, you can convert various movements in up/down movements easily.

Motors: https://www.digikey.com/products/en/motors-solenoids-driver-boards-modules/motors-ac-dc/178

Solenoids, Actuators : https://www.digikey.com/products/en/motors-solenoids-driver-boards-modules/solenoids-actuators/180

Stepper motors : https://www.digikey.com/products/en/motors-solenoids-driver-boards-modules/stepper-motors/179

Look at pictures, look at datasheets and see if that would fit your needs.

electric car door locks actuators are super cheap powerful methods of getting actuation like that, but you don't state the size required.

On 12/5/2017 at 12:19 AM, Gclaw said:

right now I’m in the need of a small moter that pushes and pulls like goes up and down.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:57 PM, Hackentosher said:

How fast is "rapidly"? If by rapidly you mean "a few kilohertz" then you may want to look into the Mythbusters electro-mechanical linear oscillator (used to test the Earthquake Machine myth in the Tesla episode). If by rapidly you mean "once or twice per second" then you can use, well, anything really.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME