Gigabyte RGB Fusion sucks

Dayen

So I have a 

Gigabyte Aorus RX 580,

and a Gigabyte Aorus K7 AM4 motherboard.

For some stupid reason I cannot figure out how to use Gigabyte's software to actually sync the two components together.

I can change the Motherboard in the BIOS and the GPU in Windows with the software utility, but the RGB Fusion software is a total dud.

Can someone pls help?

You should be able to change the motherboard's lighting through their own program.

I second your thought. Gigabyte Fusion sucks.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

In BIOS you can set basic stuff for the mobo only. I do agree, Gigabyte RGB Fusion is awful, as is nearly all of their software, and I have a Z370 Aorus 7. There are many threads about how terrible it is on their subreddit /r/gigabytegaming and on the gigabyte forums. I would make posts there as well. If enough people keep complaining, perhaps they will change it.

Delid 8600K @ 5GHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB | Gigabyte GTX 1080 Gaming G1 | Phantex Enthoo Pro M SE | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Crucial MX100 256GB | 3TB Toshiba P300 | Corsair AX750 Custom Sleeved | Dell U2515H | Custom Hardline Tubing: EK Supremacy + 240 Coolstream PE + DDC 3.1 Pump Res Combo/Extended Res/Meyhems Pastel White | Corsair K95 Platinum | Corsair M65 RGB | Bose Speakers + Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro + AKG K240 MkII + Shure 840 | W10 Pro | https://pcpartpicker.com/user/socom_hero/saved/#view=NF74CJ

• 1 month later...

I have had  similar problems syncing my MB x370 k5 with my case AC300W. What seams to be the problem for me, is that the color representation in BIOS is different from the one in windows. I have'nt figured out why just yet but i will look deeper in to this "conflict" and se if i can resolv it.

On 12/4/2017 at 6:17 PM, Imbellis said:

You should be able to change the motherboard's lighting through their own program.

I second your thought. Gigabyte Fusion sucks.

couldn't agree more, plus the rgbw header is flimsy as all hell.

On 12/4/2017 at 6:26 PM, SOCOM_HERO said:

In BIOS you can set basic stuff for the mobo only. I do agree, Gigabyte RGB Fusion is awful, as is nearly all of their software, and I have a Z370 Aorus 7. There are many threads about how terrible it is on their subreddit /r/gigabytegaming and on the gigabyte forums. I would make posts there as well. If enough people keep complaining, perhaps they will change it.

i have a z270 gaming 5, sad to hear the next "Gen" up didnt see any improvements. Its disappointing, Im happy with the board in most other aspects, but dealing with their sw controllers makes me want to look at other board manufacturers

• 3 months later...

Definitively is my first and last time with Gigabyte. RGB fusion is crap, I have a couple of 1080Ti and the SLI bridge all Gigabyte Aorus and supposed to be RGB Fusion compatible, short history, Graphic cards and SLI bridge are turned off and even the software is not able to recognize them, besides Gigabyte support never respond, software is literally crap, crashes continuously and now doesn't allow my Trident Memories to be customized by their own software (I had to uninstall RGB Fusion crap from my system to control light effects on them).

A disappointed Gigabyte new consumer.

If you are thinking on get any Gigabyte motherboard please think twice, their software and support is basically in existent. 

Same problem here.

Aorus x370 Gaming 7 + Gtx 1080 G1 Gaming + NZXT h700i + Kraken x62. 

Changing rgb in Fusion worked literally one time. Now I can change rgb of motherboard only in Fusion, but not the gpu's or kraken's rgb or led strips. App for gpu don't change gpu's rgb or motherboard, and Cam software only change rgb of kraken's and led strips.

In the end I can't change gpu rgb.

Insane.

Despite rgb problem, everything works fine. 

• 1 year later...

Their Fusion software only worked once for me, now tries to restart over and over causing CPU process issues.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled a million times.  With so many complaining and they are not fixing, tells me to not buy another Gigabyte product.  I am getting ready for another build and have decided to use a better manufacture motherboard who will support their products. My first attempt with Gigabyte and my last.  They are letting their software engineers destroy their hardware reputation quickly.