New PC Build

RyujinSan

Hello everyone!

This is my 3rd time attempting to make a new PC with some help with you guys, and I finally got it down to what I want.

I am set on the things I have picked but I have some questions about the motherboard and the cooler, ain't sure if it's the best or not or that I could do better.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kgCCf8

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  (€273.59 @ Alza) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€76.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€217.48 @ Alza) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€88.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€47.85 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card  (€479.00 @ Caseking) 
Case: Phanteks - Enthoo Pro M Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€99.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€74.90 @ Caseking) 
Case Fan: Corsair - HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM  120mm Fans  (€65.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1424.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-04 13:15 CET+0100

This is the build I have at this moment, I'm not sure about the case either, I do love the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass but it's a little bit too expensive for my taste... (Coming in around 170/180 euro), so the next one is the one listed in the PCPP. If there is a cheaper case like that one, it would be awesome. If there are other cases with USB ports on front and not on top, please link them too if possible.

My budget lies around 1500 euro's, and if need be, I could push it to 2000.

2 minutes ago, headhunter7987 said:

Does this work to improve the case? Or do you have to have tempered glass? 

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/jcH48d/cooler-master-masterbox-5-black-atx-mid-tower-case-mcx-b5s1-kwnn-11

It could work, don't really like the mesh on front, but it could work if need be.

3 minutes ago, wonderforest said:

I'd change the WD SSD for a Samsung.

How so? Is it cheaper? I know it's better, but if it's around 80 euro more expensive, why not go for a little bit cheaper?

10 minutes ago, RyujinSan said:

is is my 3rd time attempting to make a new PC with some help with you guys, and I finally got it down to what I want.

I am set on the things I have picked but I have some questions about the motherboard and the cooler, ain't sure if it's the best or not or that I could do better.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/kgCCf8

It's a pretty solid build. What will you be using it for?

If gaming, as always in these situations I suggest swapping out for an r5 1600 and B350 board for the i5. Then you could put the money saved towards a 1080?

Is an r51600 + 1080 better than an i5 8600k + 1070? thought anyone?

Oh and check out the Fractal design meshify C for a case. should fit your budget nicely.

170 Euro for a 250 gig Samsung SSD makes me really sad, if thats the case stick with the WD i guess

1 minute ago, Hugsy Malone said:

It's a pretty solid build. What will you be using it for?

Oh and check out the Fractal design meshify C for a case. should fit your budget nicely.

I am using it purely for gaming, I heard Intel is better for it. Thats why I went with the I5

And I don't like the Meshify C, I hate the front of it.

Just now, RyujinSan said:

I am using it purely for gaming, I heard Intel is better for it. Thats why I went with the I5

And I don't like the Meshify C, I hate the front of it.

Fair play.
Yes I agree intel is better , but is it better than a 1080 vs 1070? 
My point is a better gpu might make a bigger difference in gaming that a better cpu.

How about the NZXT Source 340 Elite with tempered glass?

But is it better than a 1080 vs 1070? 

I could try to push in a 1080, let me see what I can do with the PCPP

3 minutes ago, Hugsy Malone said:

Check out the Corsair 570X rgb case, it already has 3 rgb case fans and a controller, so despite it costing a lot, you can take out the fans you've included? . And its really nice IMO

The fans were just put there, no idea. But the 570X might be fun to tamper with. Thx.

Also, if I were to go the 1080 route, wouldn't that almost be double the price I'm paying for the 1070? (Ofc there are cheaper parts, but I do want it to look nice)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  (€273.59 @ Alza) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€76.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€217.48 @ Alza) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€88.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€47.85 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  (€579.00 @ Caseking) 
Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€155.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€74.90 @ Caseking) 
Total: €1514.69
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-04 13:51 CET+0100

New list, with a 1080. @Hugsy Malone

So to come back to topic:

The list listed below, is the Mobo any good? And how about the CPU cooler?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor  (€273.59 @ Alza) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid 240 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€76.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0) ATX LGA1151 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€217.48 @ Alza) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€88.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€47.85 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card  (€579.00 @ Caseking) 
Case: Corsair - Crystal 570X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€155.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€74.90 @ Caseking) 
Total: €1514.69
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-12-04 13:51 CET+0100

4 minutes ago, RyujinSan said:

So to come back to topic:

The list listed below, is the Mobo any good? And how about the CPU cooler?

Nice, I think the 1080 at a good price is really worth the extra cost.
I think that cpu cooler is a VERY good price for what it is!

Last thing I would suggest is bumping up the quality of the PSU, as they are quite high-end parts. maybe: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/y88H99/evga-supernova-g3-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0650

Nice, I think the 1080 at a good price is really worth the extra cost.
I think that cpu cooler is a VERY good price for what it is!

Last thing I would suggest is bumping up the quality of the PSU, as they are quite high-end parts. maybe: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/y88H99/evga-supernova-g3-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0650

Then the only thing I'm not 100% sure of is the Mobo... Any idea's on that? I do like the look of the Mobo

Id say get samsung ssd, get 2tb instead of 1tb, otherwise its guud 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

I did find the Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon, between the 2 Mobo's (the one I listed here and the other one in the PCPP) which one should be better?

Between the Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon VS Gigabyte - Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, which one should I be looking at? Since I know the first one is cheaper, but the Aorus one does look nice, just go with the Carbon one?