Statements that trigger tech fans.

Armakar
2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

So what do you do when you want to play PC games and you can't take your desktop?

Do what Linus did on that camp out video and take your desktop anyways.

Just now, Bhav said:

Tbh when I say that about Apple, my brain isnt thinking in terms of laptops or prebuilds, its only thinking about self builds.

I dont think I have the ability to process any prebuilt computer as having a positive quality.

Id have exactly the same opinion about Dell as well for example.

Dell makes some excellent workstations - though you can certainly build a comparable (or better) workstation on your own.

The main benefit to Dell is the warranty and their goddamn fucking kickass support. Things a prosumer (tech enthusiast) doesn't value much, but is utterly invaluable to businesses, and to a lesser degree, valuable to the "tech illiterate" who can't service a computer themselves.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, Bhav said:

I dont think I have the ability to process any prebuilt computer as having a positive quality.

Fundamentally the only difference is the chassis and component choices. What exactly are you bagging out here? The concept of someone else building it for you? I can get that, but it's also easy to just ignore that and build your own. Not everyone is confident enough to build by themselves.

HEADS UP, THIS ACCOUNT IS INACTIVE NOW

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Don't forget to quote me when replying to me!

Please explain your question fully, so I can answer it fully.

PSU Tier List Cooler Tier List SSD Tier List  My Specs Below!

Spoiler

My PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock Wraith Spire

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mHz 16GB DDR4 (2x8GB) RGB

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming ATX

SSD: Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5"

HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB 7200rpm

GPU: Asus ROG Strix OC GTX 1060 6GB

Case: Cooler Master H500P

PSU: Corsair RM650i 650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Fans: 4x Cooler Master Masterfan Pro 120 Air Balance

Spoiler

Potato Laptop (Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook, 2013):

CPU: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3337U @ 1.8GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3 2133mhz SODIMM (1x4GB Samsung, 1x4GB Kingston)

SSD: Kingston 24GB SSD (originally for caching)

HDD: HGST 500GB 5400rpm

GPU: Intel HD 4000 Graphics

7 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Not all pre-builts are made equal. There are plenty of good ones though, both in Apple and Windows ecosystems.

Same with anything else tbh, people shouldn't swear by one brand, nobody is perfect and so are brands! :P

The only brand I hate with a passion is because of horrendous customer service. ;)

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, dalekphalm said:

The main benefit to Dell is the warranty and their goddamn fucking kickass support. Things a prosumer (tech enthusiast) doesn't value much, but is utterly invaluable to businesses, and to a lesser degree, valuable to the "tech illiterate" who can't service a computer themselves.

Second that. Was looking to upgrade some components in a 2008 Dell, and I could find all the schematics and spec sheets on their site. Hecking amazing.

I'm keeping everything else the way it was for anyone who might check out my answers in future, but I won't be using LTT.

Spoiler

My PC:

Spoiler

Or actually I have my Nvidia Shield K1 to play Baldurs Gate and Hearthstone on.

But it just had to be returned because the battery died, the replacement just got shipped out today. Ive been browsing on my phone for a while now, its painful in conparison.

I actually just bought that tablet to read Marvel Comics on, but it turned out to be awesome for comfort web browsing too, much better than using a phone.

I do despise non removable batteries in such things, but the K1 was cheapo and great for its price.

Linus is my fetish.

9 minutes ago, JaegerB said:

Second that. Was looking to upgrade some components in a 2008 Dell, and I could find all the schematics and spec sheets on their site. Hecking amazing.

Tbh I think even my current G4400 & 1080 Ti is hands down better than any dell :P 

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

Tbh I think even my current G4400 & 1080 Ti is hands down better than any dell :P 

Once again, 

Image result for facedesk gif

Not every computer can be compared purely by performance...

Spoiler

My PC:

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bhav said:

You know you can probably configure a Dell with a G4400 and a 1080 Ti, right? :P

Those system components are standard pick and choose.

What you should really be comparing, is the Case, Motherboard, and PSU (along with custom wire management, if any).

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You know you can probably configure a Dell with a G4400 and a 1080 Ti, right? :P

Those system components are standard pick and choose.

What you should really be comparing, is the Case, Motherboard, and PSU (along with custom wire management, if any).

I <3 my EVGA T2 1000w, Asus mobos and current corsair and thermaltake cases. But I dont want big cases anymore and gotta try get rid of my Carbide Air 540 because it wastes too much space.

Linus is my fetish.

2 minutes ago, Bhav said:

I <3 my EVGA T2 1000w, Asus mobos and current corsair and thermaltake cases. But I dont want big cases anymore and gotta try get rid of my Carbide Air 540 because it wastes too much space.

ITX Builds are where it's at if you want to save space.

Our HTC Vive gaming PC at work was built inside a BitFenix Prodigy ITX case. It's a tight fit, but we have a full size GTX 1070 in there, and the airflow is still pretty good.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

ITX Builds are where it's at if you want to save space.

Our HTC Vive gaming PC at work was built inside a BitFenix Prodigy ITX case. It's a tight fit, but we have a full size GTX 1070 in there, and the airflow is still pretty good.

You have taken a gander at the show of your setup thread for my current build progress I hope. Im going to have two Thermaltake Core V1s soon, one black, one white, mainly for their cost, but also ability to fit a full size GPU, ATX PSU, and two HDDs for my backups. Complete normal size case replacement.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

You have taken a gander at the show of your setup thread for my current build progress I hope. Im going to have two Thermaltake Core V1s soon, one black, one white, mainly for their cost, but also ability to fit a full size GPU, ATX PSU, and two HDDs for my backups. Complete normal size case replacement.

Not a bad case choice. Looks fairly similar to the Prodigy.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Have you tried working in Silverstone's RVZ/FTZ cases?

Those are not fun to work in at all. But man does it feel good to have a sub 15L with high-end components.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Have you tried working in Silverstone's RVZ/FTZ cases?

Those are not fun to work in at all. But man does it feel good to have a sub 15L with high-end components.

I'm pretty sure I have an HTPC case that's one of the R series. Not sure if it's ITX or mATX though.

Though in any case, there's no GPU or anything extravagant inside. I don't even use it, since the HTPC was an LGA775 piece of shit that I don't need anymore.