AMD are 'actively working on the GDDR 6 standard for their upcoming graphics cards'

Master Disaster
21 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

dont forget that they will probably make lower density chips just like what happened with gddr5 at the start, so it wont be a problem, but it might enable a aib to release a version of the card with twice the vram

It's not sounding like that, but I suppose we could wait and see.

7 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Usual caveat, WCCF so take with salt although this time they claim it's been confirmed with AMD staff...

So apparently some AMD engineers have been posting info on their LinkedIn profiles stating they are currently designing a GDDR 6 memory controller.

Ok so I suppose you're all wondering if that means Navi won't be getting HBM2, well rest assured AMD will be sticking with HBM for it's flagship line of cards. Sources state manufacturers will have access to GDDR 6 as early as Q1 2018.

Micron, Samsung & SK Hynix have confirmed they are working on next gen GDDR modules, expected to come in 16GB form with a transfer rate of 16Gbps, bandwidth of 64Gbps per chip and will run at 1.35v

https://wccftech.com/amd-gddr6-memory-upcoming-graphics-cards/

Seems pretty legit, it's no secret GDDR 6 was coming but now we have 'proof' from a second in the chain source that they are also getting ready for it.

It's the usual doubling from previous gen stuff (ignoring GDDR 5X) and should be a pretty nice upgrade when we get hands on.

I dont care if they Use HBM or GDDR 6 5 5x ect. How about just getting to be able to match Nvidia in the high end more then 1 year late and too slow doesnt work. 

They did well with the bottom half of the line up (Even though mining was a problem price wise wasnt there Fault) 

1 minute ago, Bit_Guardian said:

It's not sounding like that, but I suppose we could wait and see.

i bet they will make it as the problem you are seeing the did too

7 hours ago, lishde said:

I want hbm 2 on a 1050 ti. Not cost effective but it would be tiny and use even less power, 60 watt passive cooled.

1050ti uses a 128bit bus ? You can bet it's not using power for memory . Memory power only starts to get significant with high clocked 256 bit and wider.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

guess HBM is two exspensive 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing