Home cinema changes (Dolby Atmos)

ScarisRacer

Ok, this is going to be a long shot, but here goes.

I'm thinking about majorly condensing down my home cinema setup. While the sound that comes from the Q Acoustics 2000 series speakers is fantastic, all I have currently connected up to the Onkyo TX-NR626 AV Receiver right now is a PS4 and an Xbox One, so I can't see the point of still using it. I did have a PS2, PS3 and a 360 connected to it before then, when I needed all of those connections.

I would like to change to a soundbar, but would one with Dolby Atmos built in work in the space I have (picture below)?

IMG_1167.thumb.JPG.17944f4768b83a0cd60dab5dfe9e1a92.JPG

The reason I'm asking is because this room (and in fact the whole upstairs area) is a loft conversion, hence the angled ceiling. If it would work, the plan is to eventually get a lower TV stand (from IKEA of course) and a proper, bigger 4k HDR TV (either Samsung or LG or something).

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0Ghz | Asus Z97 PRO | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (4x 8GB) 1600Mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 with CableMod Custom Sleeved Cables (Black/White) Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB | Western Digital Blue Series 4TB | 3x Noctua NF-F12 PWM + 3x Noctua NF-A14 PWM | 2x EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW+ ACX 2.0 in SLI | Windows 8.1 | Corsair K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Brown Switches | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Glorious PG Gaming Race Extended Mouse Mat | Beresford Caiman MKII DAC + Amptastic Mini-1 Stereo Amplifier + Q Acoustics 2010i | Sennheiser HD 598 | Audio Technica AT2020USB+ | Logitech C920 | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

Soundbars do not produce a pleasant sound IMO. I would avoid them like the plague. Your setup is already better than nearly all soundbars on the market.

Plus, Atmos with your sloping roofline is likely to produce mixed results. 

I say pick up a new hobby if you have some money burning a hole in your pocket. Moving to a soundbar doesn't seem worth it to me, and Atmos is questionable in your current configuration. 

If you want proper sounding dolby atmos you are gonna have to spend cash. Soundbars will not correctly bounce the sound off of your angled ceiling.