How to get fast torrent download speeds?

terrytek

How do I get fast torrent download speeds? On average, I only get about 5 KB/s download-20KB/s max. One time I experienced 600 KB/s, but IDK why. I need faster downloads. I can't wait for the damn peers to connect.

-terrytek

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Get faster internet. Problem solved.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Check you aren't throttled.

In the UK atleast, BT throttles P2P connections during "peak times". So From 5PM to Midnight on Weekday and 7am to Midnight on weekends I'd get like 20Kb/s max. Outside of those times I'd get a couple MB/s down.

Other than that, make sure you are getting torrents with a decent amount of seeds, or decent ratio of seeds to leechers.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

i set my max ocnnections to 200 ( both peers and global) the more people u connect to the higher chance of u getting a higher download speed. i pretty much max my connection all the time assuming a decent amount of seeders

Check you aren't throttled.

In the UK atleast, BT throttles P2P connections during "peak times". So From 5PM to Midnight on Weekday and 7am to Midnight on weekends I'd get like 20Kb/s max. Outside of those times I'd get a couple MB/s down.

Other than that, make sure you are getting torrents with a decent amount of seeds, or decent ratio of seeds to leechers.

How can I tell if I'm throttled?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

How can I tell if I'm throttled?

Will have to check with who ever you get your internet from, It was stated online for mine.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Download a torrent that has a high amount of seeders and low amount of leechers. Also Check to see if you can upgrade to a broadband package that offers high prioritization on torrent downloads.

Also remember to seed! Or change over to newsgroups. Increase your torrent client settings under connections. use a VPN. Your ISP could be shaping P2P.