How long have YOU been following LTT/LMG/Linus?

APasz

How many years?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. How many years?

As the title says, when did you first start watching linus videos? Did you start on the LTT channel, the NCIX channel or somewhere else?

For me, I started back in mid 2010 when I was looking for reviews of the ATI 5770. Ah good times.

-アパゾ

A long ass time now, though I haven't really been paying very close attention nowadays. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I've been on the forums since early 2013, and I know I watched their videos for at least a year before that, so I selected 6 years. But honestly it's probably even longer then that.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

been on the forum since jan 2014, so I probably started watching ltt around that time so close to 4 years now

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I never really followed LTT as a channel, to tell you the truth.

I also don't remember in particular as to how I ended up here.

Chasing the perfect shitpost? ;)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

5 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Nah, I have other places to do that.

This is the site I like pissing people off on.

"pissing people off" 

Lmao

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Joined in early 2014, but have been watching their videos for a little over 4 years now.

Damn,I'm old..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Don't really remember. I think it was 2013 and I joined the forums a year later. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

Started watching videos in the summer of 2013, but joined the forum on Nov 2013 (not with this account)

I've been on these forums for over a year now, and I remember watching LTT before that. I'd say around 2.5 years, but I put 2 years just to be safe. Then again, my hobby for computers started about that long ago, so...connect the dots :P 

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

8-9 Years for me. I distinctly remembering this video below as one of the first I saw but might be even older than that: 

been watching since ncix days

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 hour ago, Tsuki said:

been watching since ncix days

damn that was a while ago.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Started to take notice around the end of 2014 so it's been about 3 years now I guess

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Uh whenever he was the watercooling product manager at ncix

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1 hour ago, Eduard the weeb said:

damn that was a while ago.

yea it was.    ive actually even seen videos he did for other companies too, some that have never been on his or ncix channels.

i think he did some stuff for the Intel Retail Edge program, and some other random things that ive seen lol

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

I have been following for a year I joined the forum because I didn't have friends with my classes and classwork is easy or I cannot be fucked to do it so I decided to join this shit show.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Probably been following Linus (and all other Tech Tubers pretty much) for little over a year now. Started when I was looking into reviews, guides, tips and various other videos for my build.

Build was Sep 2016. So probably like July-August 2016. I didn't actively watch just about every video though like I do now.

Looking back at the channel, I remember most of the videos up until about September 2016 (I think I started watching just about every video after getting my PC) then from there I remember upto like July but it's hit and miss.

I have seen some older videos though, I just wasn't around when they originally came out. Just happened to run upon the topics they covered and saw them.

I first stumbled upon Linus (NCIX TechTips) back in early 2011 when I was doing research for my next build so it's been almost 7 years now.

Since about 2012.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

On 12/2/2017 at 11:43 AM, Dan Castellaneta said:

Nah, I have other places to do that.

This is the site I like pissing people off on.

same lel

But I think I've been following them for at LEAST 7 years (signed up in 2013 after watching them for a good while), though I think it might be closer to 8.

Time flies lol

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)