Got an iPhone on iOS 11.1.2? It may crash on December 2

iamdarkyoshi
1 minute ago, vetali said:

Doesn't stop me from wishing.

I'd consider a google phone before a microsoft phone anyway, even if they were equally competitive. While apple has tripped over their feet in the past, Microsoft has been a train wreck in progress. They still have enough market momentum to arrive at their destination, albeit in a crumpled mess.

Personally I don't put Google on some pedestal. They aren't the little guy anymore (Anyone remember their old slogan? "Don't be evil"?)

I have first hand experience with:

Windows Mobile 6.5 - a good OS from the pre-smartphone era... that unfortunately existed during the Smartphone era... obsolete

Windows Phone 7 (7.5, 7.7) - excellent revamp, based on the Microsoft Zen media player OS. Not enough features, lack of apps

Windows Phone 8 (8.1) - took the designs from 7 and made them better. Way better app support. Better features. near comparable to competition at the time. Lacking some features and apps

Windows 10 Mobile - buggy, but good redesign and features. Lack of apps. Ditched and moved to iOS due to apps and too many bugs.

Android is way too fragmented for my tastes.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Don't make me send you to Putin.

I haven't ran into any bugs, so I quite like iOS 11. My only complaint is that control center is in the top right corner on the X. 

I ran into the autocorrect bug (kept duplicating words as it corrected stuff, eg: I'd type "hello bob, how are yuo?" and it would change to "hello bob, how are are you?"). I also tested and confirmed the calculator bug, though I never experienced it before trying to hunt it down.

I also experience occasional "hitching", mostly when opening a folder on my home screen (I'd quickly double tap to open the folder, then an app, but it would hang when opening the folder, and by the time it got out of the hang, the 2nd tap would be registered as closing the folder, not opening the app, so it basically just opens and closes the folder - though this only happens occasionally).

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, and the autocorrect bug I believe was already patched.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

I ran into the autocorrect bug (kept duplicating words as it corrected stuff, eg: I'd type "hello bob, how are yuo?" and it would change to "hello bob, how are are you?"). I also tested and confirmed the calculator bug, though I never experienced it before trying to hunt it down.

I also experience occasional "hitching", mostly when opening a folder on my home screen (I'd quickly double tap to open the folder, then an app, but it would hang when opening the folder, and by the time it got out of the hang, the 2nd tap would be registered as closing the folder, not opening the app, so it basically just opens and closes the folder - though this only happens occasionally).

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, and the autocorrect bug I believe was already patched.

I use Gboard, so I didn't run into either keyboard-related bug. I also had the calculator bug, but it's not something that I would have ever ran into if I didn't know about it to test for it -- I generally do math with smaller numbers where I'd be hammering away in my head. I never had any hitching though on either my 6s+ or my X.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy with iOS 11. I just wish that control center was in the bottom right corner on the X, that iOS would allow nested folders, Apple would add a dark theme, and combined notifications. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I use Gboard, so I didn't run into either keyboard-related bug. I also had the calculator bug, but it's not something that I would have ever ran into if I didn't know about it to test for it -- I generally do math with smaller numbers where I'd be hammering away in my head. I never had any hitching though on either my 6s+ or my X.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy with iOS 11. I just wish that control center was in the bottom right corner on the X, that iOS would allow nested folders, Apple would add a dark theme, and combined notifications. 

I'm on board for those changes too (except for control centre, since I don't have an X lol). nested folders would indeed be nice - though I'm unsure if I'd use that feature. Dark theme is always a good option, though I never use it. Combined notifications would be great. I've never really been happy with the way iOS does notifications.

9 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Of all the things that get synced to the cloud, it would never have occurred to me that people would want text messages to be part of that group.  I can't honestly see a reason for it.  But to answer the question (well, not really but...) I don't know.  I would imagine that google being google they offer a way to sync anything and everything you can and want to but I have not tested it myself and haven't ever read about it.

Perhaps you don't find that useful, but it's pretty much a standard feature of iOS. I think most people would appreciate texts being imported.

I know I do. It's great to have all of those conversation histories available.

Patched

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

just updated to 11.2... nothing happened...

I didn't get any crashes either. I updated because EverythingApplePro said it made older iPhones feel smoother. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

I didn't get any crashes either. I updated because EverythingApplePro said it made older iPhones feel smoother. 

yeah. it is a typical thing. a lot of the small updates after major update is to smooth your experience. so the older device doess not feel laggy. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

3 hours ago, Vacras said:

Lol all you guys hating/complaining about iOS 11.

this is just one of those apple go fuck yourself thread.... there are simply too many at this forum...

Spoiler

apple fucks up one thing: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH

Spoiler

apple didnt do anything: 

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAH

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

this is just one of those apple go fuck yourself thread.... there are simply too many at this forum...

Hide contents

apple fucks up one thing: HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAH

Hide contents

apple didnt do anything: 

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHHAHHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAH

This forum is heavily Android biased. You can only combat misinformation with facts, and report attacks to mods.

Apple isn't the best. Android isn't the best. There is no best. Both have pros and cons.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

it gets boring when people keep yelling at one thing over and over again while does not contribute anything useful... 

on the other hand.... i now present you r/apple

Spoiler

5a22f91e3cdb7_ScreenShot2017-12-03at3_02_24AM.png.9e007bfa3abb0526ad51a7392232fd46.png

/s 

8 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

no.

WhatsApp uses GDrive for backup on android and iCloud on iOS

I really wonder what Whatsapp is doing then.  Every other chat program I've used provides a unified experience across every compatible devices, with messages showing up whether they're on android, PC, etc.  Having it tied to and backed up by the OS seems like a very strange way to go.  It tells me they're actually just stored locally, which is a sign that it's simply not the app to use for people who want to maintain a history of messages.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I don’t know why everybody is posting about problems with iOS 11 sofar I didn’t have any issues. Except with video playback. On multiple devices and beta software.

Ummmmmm Apple....

https://9to5mac.com/2017/12/02/face-id-not-working-on-iphone-x-after-updating-to-ios-11-2-a-reboot-should-fix-it/

Some iPhone X owners are reporting that Face ID is not working after updating to iOS 11.2, which was released this morning. The iPhone X instead shows an alert that says it is ‘unable to activate Face ID on this iPhone’. Luckily, the fix seems to be very simple – simply reboot your phone …

The Face ID problem does not affect every phone — I successfully updated from iOS 11.1.2 to iOS 11.2 and Face ID worked without issue — but the number of people impacted by this bug is meaningful, with several reports from 9to5Mac readers and countless more online.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

1 hour ago, djdwosk97 said:

It's like whack-a-mole! xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

12 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

The features of iOS 11 are pretty fucking awesome, in some cases. The design changes are nice, but obviously that's up to user preference.

How could you call the awful chronological notification center in iOS 11 awesome? ?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

12 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Don't make me send you to Putin.

I haven't ran into any bugs, so I quite like iOS 11. My only complaint is that control center is in the top right corner on the X. 

“Any positive comment about iOS 11 comes from the fake tech news paid by crony Apple. iOS 11 sucks bigly big league. Sad.” ?

2234D4B1-4971-4548-86AE-DA20CB02A211.gif.98900a2481463bcb3e7ea9bfec4c0419.gif

Edited by hey_yo_

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

23 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Wow they have been having a rough couple of months lately with little issues like this

Its worse because I switched from LG to the iPhone 8 because I just wanted a phone where the GPS didn't lose signal every 5 feet. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

4 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

Its worse because I switched from LG to the iPhone 8 because I just wanted a phone where the GPS didn't lose signal every 5 feet. 

A lot of people choose Apple products for a reliable, consistent, and premium experience.  Whether or not they actually get that is another story... lately it seems more like "not", but yeah.  For this reason, I think the combination of all these various problems of late is going to have a bigger impact on their image and on their customers who expect and hope for better.

On 12/2/2017 at 2:01 AM, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Oh, Apple.

The security bug in macOS High Sierra, then breaking file transfer with a bugfix update to said bug and now this.

Whatever happened to "it just works"?

They're trying to pack in the "Features" :P

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W