NCIX declares "Supreme Bankruptcy"

D13H4RD
7 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

II'm just curious where Steve is in all this.  Has he made any statements or apologies during all this?

Not that I'm aware of, other than the blurb in that pdf, where he addresses the creditors.

On 12/11/2017 at 9:02 AM, dalekphalm said:

Linus doesn't have $36m to cover the debt NCIX owes, let alone enough to buy the brand/assets, etc.

It would be pointless for him to buy it, as it would not cleanly interface with LMG. He could buy it as an investment, but he would either need to quit day to day operations at LMG to manage the NCIX brand, or hire a ton of people to do it for him.

Either way, huge investment of time and money that I don't think he has.

Can confirm - do not have. 

2 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Can confirm - do not have. 

Time to sell that hot pink Lamborghini you keep driving then ;)

1 hour ago, Megah3rtz said:

is DirectCanada dying aswell then? 

Assume anything associated with NCIX gone. So anything owned by  Netlink Computer Inc. Or claimed to be owned by.

My last couple of complete builds and also a bunch of random parts over the last few years have all been purchased from Memx Richmond. With price matching, prices don't even matter anymore. It's all about stock, and Memx had everything in stock at one location, whereas NCIX became far too fragmented, and I wasn't interested in making 4 stops across the lower mainland just to gather all of my parts. 

NCIX was never going to be able to sustain their aggressive retail business model.

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5

So... ncix.com went 404 on me... RIP

Guess I wont be receiving the present I got myself with the points... xD

Happy holidays yall !

7 minutes ago, MrAtheist said:

So... ncix.com went 404 on me... RIP

Guess I wont be receiving the present I got myself with the points... xD

Happy holidays yall !

Confirmed on my side, NCIX website is not loading anymore.

32 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Confirmed on my side, NCIX website is not loading anymore.

Nor are the "sister" sites, Direct Canada & NX Source..... guess they're history. :(

NCIX OWE me 275$ for a refund. I've contacted them since late October early November  and they didn't answer yet. I recontacted them less than a week ago and still no answer. This is aboslute Fraud. I know they are bankrupt but it's not an excuse to keep my money. Does any of you know how I can deal with that? Thanks 

45 minutes ago, Sazoki97 said:

NCIX OWE me 275$ for a refund. I've contacted them since late October early November  and they didn't answer yet. I recontacted them less than a week ago and still no answer. This is aboslute Fraud. I know they are bankrupt but it's not an excuse to keep my money. Does any of you know how I can deal with that? Thanks 

Did you pay on a CC, a few have said you can get the CC company to force the refund (charge back). Worth looking into

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

8 hours ago, Sazoki97 said:

Dude the company went Bankrupt. It's not so much fraud, as there simply isn't anyone there to give you a refund (not that there's likely to be money around anyway).

What method did you pay with? Hopefully something with charge-back consumer protection.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

NCIX website stopped loading.

Either it's down for a makeover (doubt it) or they're really gone.

F

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

10 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

NCIX website stopped loading.

Either it's down for a makeover (doubt it) or they're really gone.

F

Honestly I doubt NCIX will be back. I don't think anyone will be interested in picking up the brand name.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

NCIXUS.com is still opening, albeit with 1/2 of the graphics assets unable to load.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

4 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

NCIXUS.com is still opening, albeit with 1/2 of the graphics assets unable to load.

Must be your or Cloudflare cache. For me I get Cloudflare page saying that it can't reach the server (bad gateway - error 502) right now.

2 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Must be your or Cloudflare cache. For me I get Cloudflare page saying that it can't reach the server (bad gateway - error 502) right now.

I've never visited the site before today, so I'm guessing it's Cloudflare.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

14 hours ago, Sazoki97 said:

Contact your CC company immediately.

I contacted mine on the 1st (when NCIX declared bankruptcy) but I could be waiting up to 90 days to get my $1800 back.

I do feel that this was a shady practice.  They shouldn't have been taking all these orders and charging customers on orders that they could not fulfill. Aside from a "we're restructuring" post on their forums, there has been no communication to their customers.  Nothing on their website either before it went down.  I suspect that they were just taking our money to pay their creditors.  

1 minute ago, -BirdiE- said:

Meanwhile....

image.png.9e0da3a1dbb7bfa5b70f1115cf6621ea.png

Now if only they'd open a second location in my city closer to my house :P

Sale ends Dec 6th

gg

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers