Dark Rock TF

aisle9

I'm begrudginly accepting that the VRMs on my B350-F Strix won't last forever with an R7 1700 drawing from them, so the idea of removing my beloved H5 Ultimate and putting in a top-down cooler to blast air across the VRMs seems like a not-bad idea.

Why not an X370 board instead? Easy. Cooler's cheaper and the B350 is handling life perfectly well.

I'm looking at the beQuiet Dark Rock TF, which seems to be kind of the best of the best top-down coolers. It would be going into an S340 Elite. Tweaktown testing has it slightly better than the H5 Universal, which gives me hope that it could match my Ultimate. Does anyone here have experience with the Dark Rock TF, and is it as good as advertised?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

The DRTF is as good in an open environment but isn't as optimal in a case with front to back airflow like the S340. Since you already have the H5, why not just place a fan on your motherboard instead?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The DRTF is as good in an open environment but isn't as optimal in a case with front to back airflow like the S340. Since you already have the H5, why not just place a fan on your motherboard instead?

Not really any place for one.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.