Galaxy s5 screen replacement

Hey guys

I have a galaxy s5 and the screen is completely shattered no post.Opened it.the motherboard seems okay.I have Xperia z new display laying around.Will it work if I connect the motherboard with it?

Can anything bad happen? 

it won't work, but i don't think anything bad will happen.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Something bad has already happened.  Your screen is busted, tits up.  On the question about will it work if you connect a different screen to the mobo, will only know if you try.  On the last question, can anything bad happen, I will rephrase that to say, "Can it get any worse"?  Can't say for sure because until problem one is fixed (busted screen) we can't see if hooking it up with the Xperia will do any good.  Ah, but we can ask ourselves, can it get any better?  Yes, it can.  Just depends on whether or not the Xperia works or not.  Good Luck, seems like you got a project ahead of you to work on.

1 minute ago, Tahsin Alam said:

Nah man. I'm gonna make it harder for me.

Same here.  I always do things the hard way.  Just guess that is my way of learning.  If you can figure it out the hard way, then learning the easy way is that much more easier to do.