Jump to content
pajpaj

Recommend me a game

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Recommend me a game that:

 

  1. can run on a potato laptop (Lenovo Thinkpad T420).
  2. free to download, no torrenting needed.
  3. offline, I have a shitty internet so online is a no no.
Link to post
Share on other sites

What genre?

 

The best way IMO is just to go to steam's free to play section, and download one that you like.


>>> QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING <<<

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain.

If I'm Wrong, Please Point It Out. I'm Open To Criticism and Learning New Things. I Won't Bite.

Important Links

|→ PC Troubleshooting ←|→ Memory Overclocking Guide ← | → PSU Tier List ←| → SSD Tier List ←|

 

Less Important Links

|→ RX 480 VS GTX 1060 ←|→ You Probably Don't Need A Big PSU ←|  

 

↓ - My System Build - ↓

Spoiler

CPU: (Delidded) Core I7 4770K @3.5Ghz (OC incoming..)

GPU: GTX 1070 @2+Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

RAM: Ballistix DDR3 OC'ed to 2000Mhz

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

Storage: 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X With 5 RGB Fans

 

Peripherals:

  • Corsair K95 RGB MX Brown
  • Corsair M65
  • HyperX Cloud Stinger

↓ - My Laptop, If Anyone Happens To Care - ↓

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4

 

"PC cosmetics and RGB are in some situations more important than The performance of the PC itself"*

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

What genre?

 

The best way IMO is just to go to steam's free to play section, and download one that you like.

I like fighting, first person shooter but generally anything will do.

 

I see, I am going to download steam now and see what happens.

 

Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pajpaj said:

I like fighting, first person shooter but generally anything will do.

 

I see, I am going to download steam now and see what happens.

 

Thanks!

BTW, sites like humblebundle will on occasion give away a free game to anybody who wants it. check there periodically


>>> QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING <<<

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain.

If I'm Wrong, Please Point It Out. I'm Open To Criticism and Learning New Things. I Won't Bite.

Important Links

|→ PC Troubleshooting ←|→ Memory Overclocking Guide ← | → PSU Tier List ←| → SSD Tier List ←|

 

Less Important Links

|→ RX 480 VS GTX 1060 ←|→ You Probably Don't Need A Big PSU ←|  

 

↓ - My System Build - ↓

Spoiler

CPU: (Delidded) Core I7 4770K @3.5Ghz (OC incoming..)

GPU: GTX 1070 @2+Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

RAM: Ballistix DDR3 OC'ed to 2000Mhz

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

Storage: 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X With 5 RGB Fans

 

Peripherals:

  • Corsair K95 RGB MX Brown
  • Corsair M65
  • HyperX Cloud Stinger

↓ - My Laptop, If Anyone Happens To Care - ↓

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4

 

"PC cosmetics and RGB are in some situations more important than The performance of the PC itself"*

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, RadiatingLight said:

BTW, sites like humblebundle will on occasion give away a free game to anybody who wants it. check there periodically

I see, thanks I bookmarked their site now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Check itch.io out. Midnight Visitor is a good game.


Cor Caeruleus Reborn v5

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i5-4690K 4.4GHz Quad-Core Processor or

CPU: Intel - Core i7-4790K  4.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: MSI - Z97S SLI Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  
Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury Blue 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Memory: Kingston - HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card with iCX cooler installed! 
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 8.1 Pro OEM 64-bit 
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pajpaj said:

I see, thanks I bookmarked their site now.

BTW, they're giving away Bureau:XCOM for free right now.

IDK what it is, but it seems pretty okay.

 

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-bureau-xcom-declassified


>>> QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING <<<

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain.

If I'm Wrong, Please Point It Out. I'm Open To Criticism and Learning New Things. I Won't Bite.

Important Links

|→ PC Troubleshooting ←|→ Memory Overclocking Guide ← | → PSU Tier List ←| → SSD Tier List ←|

 

Less Important Links

|→ RX 480 VS GTX 1060 ←|→ You Probably Don't Need A Big PSU ←|  

 

↓ - My System Build - ↓

Spoiler

CPU: (Delidded) Core I7 4770K @3.5Ghz (OC incoming..)

GPU: GTX 1070 @2+Ghz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3

RAM: Ballistix DDR3 OC'ed to 2000Mhz

Power Supply: Corsair RM750X

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

Storage: 240GB SSD + 2TB HDD

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X With 5 RGB Fans

 

Peripherals:

  • Corsair K95 RGB MX Brown
  • Corsair M65
  • HyperX Cloud Stinger

↓ - My Laptop, If Anyone Happens To Care - ↓

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 512GB SSD - 16GB DDR4

 

"PC cosmetics and RGB are in some situations more important than The performance of the PC itself"*

-Napoleon Bonaparte

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get a couple retro emulators and all the roms, hours and hours of entertainment.


Intel i7-7700k @ 5.1ghz | Asus ROG Maximus Hero IX | Asus ROG Poseidon Platinum 1080ti @ 2126mhz | 64gb Trident-Z DDR4 @ 3600mhz | Samsung 960 Pro 1tb @ 3500mbps/2500mbps | Crucial 240gb SSD | Toshiba 4tb 7200rpm HDD w/ Crucial 128gb SSD cache | Corsair Hx1000i PSU | EK 360mm Coolstream XE Radiator | EK-Supremacy Evo Waterblock | EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition Pump | EK-RES X3 150 RGB Reservoir | Primochill AdvancedLRT Clear Tubing | Primochill VUE UV Blue Coolant | Corsair 570x Crystal RGB Case | 4x 30cm CableMod UV/RGB Widebeam Hybrid Led Strip | 3x 120mm Corsair SP120 RGB Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 3000rpm Fans | 3x Noctua NF-A12x15 Fan | CableMod ModFlex PSU & SATA Cables | Asus ROG Swift 27" 4k IPS w/G-Sync & LG UD68 27" 4k IPS w/Freesync |

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

BTW, they're giving away Bureau:XCOM for free right now.

IDK what it is, but it seems pretty okay.

 

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/the-bureau-xcom-declassified

Thanks for the effort! I'll see this in a minute.

 

1 minute ago, PETRGangKing said:

Get a couple retro emulators and all the roms, hours and hours of entertainment.

Thanks! I'll search for it.

 

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

Thanks for the effort! I'll see this in a minute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
On 12/1/2017 at 2:06 PM, PETRGangKing said:

Get a couple retro emulators and all the roms, hours and hours of entertainment.

You got safe link(s)? I tried to download an emulator on coolrom.com but avast blocked it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, pajpaj said:

You got safe link(s)? I tried to download an emulator on coolrom.com but avast blocked it.

avast will probably block most emulators tbh.

 

 

if you can get Diablo 2 somewhere, its usually pretty cheap, and runs on a potato. and is still really good.

 

and Path of Exile is free, and should run decently as well


How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×