GamingRadar101

Unable to launch Steam game because of "Parental control" even though it wasn't enabled.

Posted · Original PosterOP

I cant launch Ghost Recon Wildlands on Steam because apparently "Parental control" is on even though I never enabled it. All of my other games work just fine(CS:GO, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield 1, ect.) but for some reason Ghost Recon Wildlands doesnt work... I did not enable parental control and I am the only user on this laptop. I attached a screenshot of the message, how can I fix this?

-Thanks!

YW0wfA.jpg

13 hours ago, GamingRadar101 said:

I cant launch Ghost Recon Wildlands on Steam because apparently "Parental control" is on even though I never enabled it. All of my other games work just fine(CS:GO, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield 1, ect.) but for some reason Ghost Recon Wildlands doesnt work... I did not enable parental control and I am the only user on this laptop. I attached a screenshot of the message, how can I fix this?

-Thanks!

Why was parental control on  in the first place?

Desktop: Xeon 1231-v3, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Rosewill 550w Capstone PSU, ASrock ITX Z97 board, Gigabyte 970, Phanteks Evolv ITX.

Laptop: Alienware 18 (2014). I7 4810MQ, 16GB RAM, 500GB 840Evo, 1TB HDD, 880m x2

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 mid 2016. I7 6700hq, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 970m 6GB.

If you're the only user you must be an admin and thus would be able to just turn it off, have you tried that?