Controlling Fan Speed w/ Software

Garrzilla
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Asus has excellent fan controls. You can control both 3pin or PWM fans with it. If you need more fans than there are headers, you need to get splitters. Pick either 3pin or PWM according to what fans you are going to use. You can't mix different control styles on same header. Each mobo header can power 2-4 fans. Depending on how many amps fans need, header supplies 1A.

Noob question, but let me explain what I'm unure about. I'm about to get the Asus PRIME X370-PRO mobo with the Corsair - Crystal 460X case. I will have 3 exhaust fans that I would like to control with Asus' "Fan Xpert 4" software. Since the board only has 2 fan headers, how do I go about this? Also do the fans have to be 4 pin PWM?

Asus has excellent fan controls. You can control both 3pin or PWM fans with it. If you need more fans than there are headers, you need to get splitters. Pick either 3pin or PWM according to what fans you are going to use. You can't mix different control styles on same header. Each mobo header can power 2-4 fans. Depending on how many amps fans need, header supplies 1A.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv