We Built a FRICKIN Laser Cutter - HOLY $H!T

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.3.2018 at 3:30 AM, AlexTheGreatish said:

The tape wasn't on the actual mirrors if that's what you mean.

The tape does not have to touch the mirror, but the smoke of the tape being evaporated precipitates on the mirror, and can harm the sensitive, dielectric surface. I once accidentally killed an expensive Nd:YAG-Crystal as well as the mirrors used in the cavity, because I burned a detector card with the pump-LASER. Hooray for insurance! ;)

To be honest, the day after I wrote the reply I showed the video to some guys from one of our laser labs and they literally cringed :D

Edited by trinitaet
forgot an anecdote....

• 1 year later...

I am involved with a team project in which we are planning on using the Fabool Laser CO2 to create Light Guide Plates (LGP's) for LCD screens.  We plan on etching dot patterns onto these LGP, using dot diameters as small as possible.  When I tried to import one of my dot patterns onto the software through a browser, it notified me that 5 MB is the maximum file size allowed.  Would you happen to know if there is a desktop version of the software (a version that does not rely on a browser) that would allow for larger file sizes?  Otherwise the images are not at a fine enough resolution and will not work.  I have attached some examples of what we are trying to accomplish.

Thanks.

Uniform_4x3_100.PNG

Gradient_600_dpi.bmp