Microsoft is bringing Tabs to every Windows 10 App.

wyattzx

Update:

Microsoft says to not expect Sets in the following Windows 10 update (Redstone 4 - RS4 - expected March/April next year). It is not targeted for it.

Terry Myerson previously detailed the two features would be coming in future Windows Insider builds, but today during the Windows Insider webcast things were clarified a bit more. Microsoft’s Jason Howard confirmed you can expect Windows Timeline, but not the Sets feature, once RS4 hits the mainstream public.

https://www.onmsft.com/news/expect-windows-timeline-but-not-sets-in-windows-10-rs4

This indicated that lots of work still needs to be done before it is ready.

I am neither anti or pro windows 10.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

People always try and find a reason for why they use something over something else, it just human behaviour.

On topic, I don't really see the need for tabs, I got in the habit of using task view to quickly change between Word and Firefox when writing stuff.