Will it be worth changing CPU cooler fans to LED?

I want to have a blue theme on my PC so I have built this: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PwPjf8 however the CPU cooler is something I am unsure about. I want to have an LED CPU cooler with blue fans and was wondering if it would be possible to not use the default fans which come with this cooler and add on two Corsair ML120 blue LED fans onto the cooler in a push pull configuration. Would this be possible? If this is possible, will I have to connect the fans to anything different? Just give me a summary of what I would have to do. (New to PC building btw haHAA)

Thanks

cpu fan will go into the same pins as the other one. If you get two, just find another open fan header. 

Though, A: Never seen that cooler before and dont know if you really want it for overclocking that cpu 

B: Its got a red msi logo on the top which would probably kill your blue theme. Get something like a dark rock or cryorig h7

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

10 minutes ago, Swesaera said:

I want to have a blue theme on my PC so I have built this: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/PwPjf8 however the CPU cooler is something I am unsure about. I want to have an LED CPU cooler with blue fans and was wondering if it would be possible to not use the default fans which come with this cooler and add on two Corsair ML120 blue LED fans onto the cooler in a push pull configuration. Would this be possible? If this is possible, will I have to connect the fans to anything different? Just give me a summary of what I would have to do. (New to PC building btw haHAA)

Thanks

dont get that cooler. Get a Noctua one with actual quality. If you do go Noctua, dont replace the fans, even if a gun is pointed to your head

Swapping fans won't usually make a big difference in performance so it'd be an aesthetic choice and up to you how much that's worth. 

If you're going to outfit your case with ML120's, you might as well have matching fans on your cooler.

An Ereboss Core would also be better in that case: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/MQRFf7/raijintek-ereboss-core-edition-fanless-cpu-cooler-0r100015

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

dont get that cooler. Get a Noctua one with actual quality. If you do go Noctua, dont replace the fans, even if a gun is pointed to your head

I know that Noctua are the best but that colour is just so ugly 

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Swapping fans won't usually make a big difference in performance so it'd be an aesthetic choice and up to you how much that's worth. 

If you're going to outfit your case with ML120's, you might as well have matching fans on your cooler.

An Ereboss Core would also be better in that case: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/MQRFf7/raijintek-ereboss-core-edition-fanless-cpu-cooler-0r100015

So I just buy that heat sink and add fans to it?

27 minutes ago, Swesaera said:

So I just buy that heals ink and add fans to it?

Yep.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, Slottr said:

cpu fan will go into the same pins as the other one. If you get two, just find another open fan header. 

Though, A: Never seen that cooler before and dont know if you really want it for overclocking that cpu 

B: Its got a red msi logo on the top which would probably kill your blue theme. Get something like a dark rock or cryorig h7

I’ve heard the dark rock is insanely hard to install. This cooler is easy to install, which is one of the main reasons I picked it. The h7 looks like a good idea since I was going to get an R1 until I changed the case to a smaller one.

8 hours ago, Swesaera said:

I’ve heard the dark rock is insanely hard to install. This cooler is easy to install, which is one of the main reasons I picked it. The h7 looks like a good idea since I was going to get an R1 until I changed the case to a smaller one.

That cooler hasn't received very good reviews. I don't know if its because of fans or something else. Just for note. Almost all coolers have brackets for using other fans or adding fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

54 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

That cooler hasn't received very good reviews. I don't know if its because of fans or something else. Just for note. Almost all coolers have brackets for using other fans or adding fans.

So I could just get a cooler, say Cryorig H7, and replace the fan with a Corsair ML120? and just plugging it in normally will power the LED's too?

1 hour ago, Swesaera said:

So I could just get a cooler, say Cryorig H7, and replace the fan with a Corsair ML120? and just plugging it in normally will power the LED's too?

That depends on fan. If it's old style LEDs use same power. If it's newer style (as it should ), it will have separate header for LED power and control.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv