Gigabyte 1080 Waterforce AIO to Custom

Okay, so this probably isn't possible, but I have a Gigabyte Waterforce 1080 AIO GPU in my rig. I have been thinking of going custom watercooled for a while, but a custom waterblock card from Gigabyte is very expensive and a bit more than I' would like to pay. So my question is could I convert my Waterforce into a custom loop by cutting the AIO tubes and putting custom ones in their place? Has anyone had experience doing something like this and have pictures or a build log they'd be willing to share? 

11 minutes ago, Antivist said:

Okay, so this probably isn't possible, but I have a Gigabyte Waterforce 1080 AIO GPU in my rig. I have been thinking of going custom watercooled for a while, but a custom waterblock card from Gigabyte is very expensive and a bit more than I' would like to pay. So my question is could I convert my Waterforce into a custom loop by cutting the AIO tubes and putting custom ones in their place? Has anyone had experience doing something like this and have pictures or a build log they'd be willing to share? 

Wouldn't really recommend it for the following reasons:

- You'd void the crap out of your warranty

- The radiator of the waterforce AIO is aluminium, and therefore your waterblock has been in a "mixed-metal" environment and therefore may cause problems down the line

- Custom water fittings are almost always G1/4", no such fittings are present on the AIO and so may be leak prone

- The pump is mounted on the GPU block, and so in a custom loop setup, you'll likely have an overstrained pump (if you put a more powerful pump in front)

13 minutes ago, Antivist said:

Possible? Yes. Smart? You would have the intelligence of Ajit Pai to try. It could not fill all the way, youd have a pump and nothing to do with it, tube replacement would have to happen, the list goes on. Id strongly recommend against it. If you want a full loop, get a block. Also why would you want a full loop when its already water cooled? Unless the CPU is an oven from the FX series. In that case we have bigger issues than AiO modification

17 hours ago, For Science! said:

Wouldn't really recommend it for the following reasons:

- You'd void the crap out of your warranty

- The radiator of the waterforce AIO is aluminium, and therefore your waterblock has been in a "mixed-metal" environment and therefore may cause problems down the line

- Custom water fittings are almost always G1/4", no such fittings are present on the AIO and so may be leak prone

- The pump is mounted on the GPU block, and so in a custom loop setup, you'll likely have an overstrained pump (if you put a more powerful pump in front)

I figured about as much. I didn't think about the mixed metal environment or the pump. Thank you very much for your advice!

17 hours ago, NovaMan01 said:

Possible? Yes. Smart? You would have the intelligence of Ajit Pai to try. It could not fill all the way, youd have a pump and nothing to do with it, tube replacement would have to happen, the list goes on. Id strongly recommend against it. If you want a full loop, get a block. Also why would you want a full loop when its already water cooled? Unless the CPU is an oven from the FX series. In that case we have bigger issues than AiO modification

I've been looking into it more and I am tempted to go the custom route and just get a waterblock for it. Where could I find a block that will fit this GPU? Or would I have to buy a new one like this one? I'm mostly going for the aesthetics of a custom loop.

2 hours ago, Antivist said:

I've been looking into it more and I am tempted to go the custom route and just get a waterblock for it. Where could I find a block that will fit this GPU? Or would I have to buy a new one like this one? I'm mostly going for the aesthetics of a custom loop.

look at EKWB for 1080 TI water blocks.