Skyrim or Xenoblade 2

SpriteNo5

Okdokey, I game mostly on PC but I'm going to be away over Christmas and I'm looking for a game I can travel with to keep me satisfied over the holidays.

So my Switch will be in heavy use. I've already got BOTW 70% completed and I dip in now and again. NBA 2K18 is good for short bursts. LA Noire is still in its packaging and will be one of the Chrimbo games but it's not enough.

I'm looking to get either Skyrim or Xenoblade 2 as my main Xmas time sink. I've played Skyrim on PS3 and PC and put maybe 150 hours in total, but never finished, still loads left to do. Never played a Xenoblade game but do like the look of it.

I'm not comparing the two, I know the differences, I like western RPG and JRPG, just looking for some opinions on what to go for over Xmas. Whichever i don't get now I'll be getting in January anyhoo but only want one to sink my time into over the holidays. Which should I go for?

5950 - 3090 - 32gb - Aorus FV43U - Steam Deck - Fuji xPro 3 - Olympus OM1 n

I'd go for the new experience for you, Xenoblade 2. I suppose it is a risk since you don't know if you'll like it, but you can check out reviews, let's plays, etc. first before committing. Especially since you already have Skyrim on PC, unless you really love Skyrim and need it on the go ASAP.

If you like JRPGs or Final Fantasy games, Xenoblade 2 will be up your alley.

I have the game pre-order.  So, once I get it I can give a better opinion on the game (played Xenoblade and Xenoblade X on previous consoles).  So far with my experience on the previous two, the battle system is addicting.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

• 1 month later...

i think Final Fantasy series it so good but i don't try xenoblade. i will  try it

Yeah but most Final Fantasy games are on PC anyway.

XII comes next week or so (1.2.) and 15 somewhere in Mach (but don't care anyway)....

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"