BEST gaming monitor? This PC!!! (HELP)

RobinNord
Just now, Dreaper said:

Again that wont work because its not g sync he needs gysnc 

why do i need g sync?

Just now, RobinNord said:

why do i need g sync?

You said you wanted it and that is what prevents screen tearing. Free sync wont work with your system because you dont have a AMD card. If you want to prevent screen tearing the only solution for your build is g sync. i.e the monitor i linked https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD6H5GN9035&cm_re=viewsonic-_-24-116-827-_-Product

1 minute ago, Dreaper said:

You said you wanted it and that is what prevents screen tearing. Free sync wont work with your system because you dont have a AMD card. If you want to prevent screen tearing the only solution for your build is g sync. i.e the monitor i linked https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD6H5GN9035&cm_re=viewsonic-_-24-116-827-_-Product

ok will look if i can fin a black gsync

ok will look if i can fin a black gsync

Ok i do know of one but its low stock so its about 750~$ usd

Just now, Dreaper said:

Ok i do know of one but its low stock so its about 750~$ usd

how about stuttering?

how about stuttering?

monitor i just linked is great i have it 

2 minutes ago, RobinNord said:

yess but how about stuttering???

Stuttering would be more of your fps so your specs. monitors wouldn't cause it especially this one

1 minute ago, Dreaper said:

Stuttering would be more of your fps so your specs. monitors wouldn't cause it especially this one

do you think there would be any here?

1 minute ago, RobinNord said:

do you think there would be any here?

that would depend on what your playing

2 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

that would depend on what your playing

like bf4 bd1 gta borderlands and any fps

like bf4 bd1 gta borderlands and any fps

with the correct settings no you wont get any stuttering. If you really want the full black get the asus one i linked. its 200$ over what you said but its full black. OR get the view sonic and get the same style of paint and just paint over the red/green

10 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

with the correct settings no you wont get any stuttering. If you really want the full black get the asus one i linked. its 200$ over what you said but its full black. OR get the view sonic and get the same style of paint and just paint over the red/green

FOUND THEESE!!

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4yGj4D/dell-s2716dgr-270-2560x1440-144hz-monitor-s2716dgr

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgPxr/dell-s2417dg-238-165hz-monitor-s2417dg

29 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

Again that wont work because its not g sync he needs gysnc 

I've been looking for myself for the past month, and unless there's an amazing Cyber Monday deal, he's not going to find an ultrawide curved 1440p gaming monitor with g-sync in his budget. I finally settled on a 27" to get all the features i wanted on a similar budget.

@RobinNord - As an aside, I don't think the 1070 is enough video card to get you the results to fully utilize a high refresh rate 1440p gaming monitor unless you drop the in-game graphics settings. Just be aware that you probably won't get what you're paying for until you upgrade your video card in the future.

2 minutes ago, RobinNord said:

1 minute ago, ZenMonkey said:

I've been looking for myself for the past month, and unless there's an amazing Cyber Monday deal, he's not going to find an ultrawide curved 1440p gaming monitor with g-sync in his budget. I finally settled on a 27" to get all the features i wanted on a similar budget.

@RobinNord - As an aside, I don't think the 1070 is enough video card to get you the results to fully utilize a high refresh rate 1440p gaming monitor unless you drop the in-game graphics settings. Just be aware that you probably won't get what you're paying for until you upgrade your video card in the future.

How about the dell screens with v syck above?

51 minutes ago, RobinNord said:

The Dell S2716DGR is a good monitor. It's a TN panel, just so you're aware. If you're coming from a VA or IPS panel, the colors will seem washed out, but if you're upgrading from an old TN monitor to this one you'll be quite pleased with it.

That said, your GPU will be pushing out the same number of pixels in 1440p whether the monitor is 24" or 42", so the physical size of the monitor doesn't matter for your GPU performance, so your 1070 is going to have the same performance regardless of which 1440p monitor you choose unless it's ultrawide, which has more pixels because of its higher resolution. That said, the sweet spot for 1440p gaming seems to be 27-32" (16:9) or 32-35" (21:9).

3 hours ago, RobinNord said:

both of those monitors dont have G Sync which is what you need to prevent screen tearing again, i have looked extensively in this area you WILL NOT find a ultra wide that meets all the given criteria the only way you will is if you wait till 2018, and again the only screens that have what you said where the ones that I LINKED AND ONLY ME 

3 hours ago, ZenMonkey said:

a 1070 would be fine :)

Just chiming in with what my homie @Dreaper has been saying, you won't find an ultra wide with those specs, and definitely not in your price range, so stick with a "standard" monitor, or drop to 1080p ultrawide (I have a 25" LG one and it's dope, but I actually like smallish screens). As for the colors, again, like Dreaper said plain colors are really hard to get. Especially on gaming monitors, because gaming companies pull a lot from racing and race cars and thus make aggressively angled designs with flashy accent colors the majority of the time. Either drop the refresh rate to 60Hz and get a Dell (since they're the ones who make most of the understated monitors), or get the one Dreaper suggested, and then mask it up carefully and paint over the red parts with Plasti-Dip, which you can peel off if you have to RMA it. Though if the PC is against a wall, you won't see the back of the monitor which is probs where most if not all of the red is, so it's a non-issue. 

And apologies for the wall of text.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 hour ago, Dreaper said:

a 1070 would be fine :)

It depends what he plays. Maybe he's said it and I missed his post, but in general I think he's more likely to see the 60-100 fps range in a newer games at 1440p using higher settings.

I'm going to say it again: Dell S2716DG

1440p; 144hz; G-Sync; The exact look OP is looking for; Sure its TN but its a pretty good TN. If that's what OP wants then that's what OP should get,

Edited by SCGazelle