Rumour: Intel Core 9000 series to get more threads

porina
3 hours ago, Essence_of_Darkness said:

Holy sh** if that rumor is true, then I might just cancel my Ryzen order :P

You cancel your Ryzen order and wait for Zen+. I am almost sure that will ground Covfefe lake CPUs. We've seen what current Zen can do when handled improperly (4.4GHz at 1.55V = cinebench score 200)

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

6 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Actually because of production issues Intel has chosen for cannonlake to be mobile only and desktop to jump from coffee lake to Icelake. Icelake is projected to be on the 2 generation of their 10nm process. For desktop Icelake will be an architecture and process update. With tigerlake being an slated to be an optimization.

these are however all projections that Intel has released so far and could change.

I did not know that information, thank you.

3 hours ago, Essence_of_Darkness said:

Holy sh** if that rumor is true, then I might just cancel my Ryzen order :P

Just hope that it doesn't follow the trend of Coffeelake, and be marked-up significantly, or low in stock if not bought early enough.

8 cores? i want 36 cores mainstream :P 

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/tilera-announces-the-worlds-first-100-core-processor-with-the-new-tile-gx-family-1170488.htm

end of 2009 and someone made a 100 core CPU. Its a CPU and not a GPU.

Many datacenters integrate this CPU to run their firewall and webserver seperate from the main CPU to handle the needs of the increasing population. You can get these as PCIe cards and they have multiple 10Gb/s NICs.

Frequency wasnt even far from intel's GPU attempt.

Any info on the socket? I want to OC my 4690k before upgrade and definitely buy a new CPU cooler. It would be a shame if the new cooler would not work on the next gen CPU.

Indus Monk = Indian+ Buddhist

14 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

I did not know that information, thank you.

You are more than welcome.

11 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Just hope that it doesn't follow the trend of Coffeelake, and be marked-up significantly, or low in stock if not bought early enough.

If you have a micro center nearby, the 8700k is at $379. That being if you are in the U.S. and have one close enough.

Well hopefully this is why Coffee Lake stock is still ass. Then again, further proof that Coffee Lake was an unnecessary rushed mess. Would be even better if it was a different socket, making z300 one and done.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

3 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

This is sad :( A core # increase wasn't possible in 7 previous generation (Nehalem to Kaby Lake) but it's possible to double the core count in 2 gens now that AMD actually offers competitive CPUs?

A core count increase wasn't possible without increasing TDP numbers to the point that freaks out the typical consumer. Keep in mind that Coffee is 14nm++, using the same arch as Skylake, and hitting similar TDP numbers without sacrificing unholy amounts of clockspeed.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Hmmmm. When the 8000 series came out, people said that they were feeling sorry for people who had just bought 7000 series CPU (they missed out on the 6 core thingy). Now, we have the same situation (if this is true), when people will say "poor ones who bought 8000 series, if they bought now they could get more cores". It just shows you that there will always be the next great thing around the corner. 

If you ask me, 9th series of Intel CPUs will be compatible with Z370 chipset.

Wouldn't be exactly smart to release Coffe Lake now, and 9000 series in few months after that, to just kill Z370 chipset.

But I do wonder about limitations of current motherboards. Will single EPS 8pin connector be enough to power 8c/16t from Intel CPU?

And that could very well be the reason why Coffe Lake isn't compatible with Z270 ... they wanted to introduce new platform that will be used for Coffe lake and 9th generation.

If 9th series will be compatible with Z370, I might consider buying it at the end of 2018.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

4 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

This is sad :( A core # increase wasn't possible in 7 previous generation (Nehalem to Kaby Lake) but it's possible to double the core count in 2 gens now that AMD actually offers competitive CPUs?

Now that AMD has finally done something worth reaching into the vault for...

Just in case you weren't already convinced of Intel's shady business practices when it comes to releasing new technology, here you go. One of the reasons I went to Ryzen when my 4790K was irreparably screwed by a bad mobo. I wouldn't be surprised if Intel went to an entirely new socket for ninth-gen, if only to force everyone to buy a new motherboard and shut those who would question why another new chipset is needed up.

The usual WCCFTech disclaimer applies here.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Pretty sure a majority of the forum is American, so rumor would be correct ;)

I'm curious what the demographic of the forum visitors now, but regardless of that, a majority believing in something doesn't necessarily make it right.

1 hour ago, MyName13 said:

You can always buy AMD's cool CPUs (or simply live with it because you want the best thing on the market) or overclock it to 4.5 GHz.

I think any comparable AMD CPU running at 5 GHz will be hotter than its Intel equivalent :D

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

4 hours ago, Essence_of_Darkness said:

I said if rumour is true, but still Ryzen is huge jump in my workload cause I am still on Phenom 1055T :P

I feel you brother ;-;

Phenom 1090T mustardrace

11 minutes ago, porina said:

I think any comparable AMD CPU running at 5 GHz will be hotter than its Intel equivalent :D

Now you get the point ;)

16 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Now you get the point ;)

Doh! Thought you were talking about stock...

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

32 minutes ago, porina said:

I'm curious what the demographic of the forum visitors now, but regardless of that, a majority believing in something doesn't necessarily make it right.

What? It doesn't change the fact that there are two ways to spell rumour and both are correct. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

59 minutes ago, -TesseracT- said:

Hmmmm. When the 8000 series came out, people said that they were feeling sorry for people who had just bought 7000 series CPU (they missed out on the 6 core thingy). Now, we have the same situation (if this is true), when people will say "poor ones who bought 8000 series, if they bought now they could get more cores". It just shows you that there will always be the next great thing around the corner. 

Not really. If you bought a first/second gen i7 then you didn't miss out on anything until 8th gen because all next i7s up to Kaby Lake were all 4C/8T with better (or sometimes not even better looking at Kaby Lake) IPC, what's more, Intel released TWO microarchitectures in 2017 and it never happened before. They also made Coffee Lake incompatible with previous LGA1151 chipsets despite using the same socket (although I'm aware of slight pin layout modifications, an ASUS representative said that decent Z270 boards could run Coffee).

All of that happened only because of Ryzen, so you have to understand people being salty about all that.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Just now, Morgan MLGman said:

Not really. If you bought a first/second gen i7 then you didn't miss out on anything until 8th gen because all next i7s up to Kaby Lake were all 4C/8T with better (or not even better looking at Kaby Lake) IPC, what's more, Intel released TWO microarchitectures in 2017 and it never happened before. They also made Coffee Lake incompatible with previous LGA1151 chipsets despite using the same socket (although I'm aware of slight pin layout modifications, an ASUS representative said that good Z270 boards could run Coffee.

All of that happened only because of Ryzen, so you have to understand people being salty about all that.

i forgot to put "could" in my last sentence. But yes good point.

5 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Have been telling people about the 8c/16t i7 9700k for months already, only now "rumours" are rising on the subject? lmao

Could we be getting on the 9th Gen?:

Core i9: 10+C / 20+T (like right now)

Core i7: 8C/16T (like the i7 7820X)

Core i5: 6C/12T (like the current 8700K)

Core i3: 4C/8T (like the i7 7700K/i7 7740X)

Pentium: 4C/4T (like the i3 8350K, 7600K or 7640X)

Celeron: 2C/4T (like the i3 7350K or current Pentiums)

who else thinks AMD will do the amd special and slap 12-16 cores on a ryzen 7 rather than increasing clockspeed/ipc

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

2 hours ago, AmbarChakrabarti said:

Any info on the socket? I want to OC my 4690k before upgrade and definitely buy a new CPU cooler. It would be a shame if the new cooler would not work on the next gen CPU.

Buy Noctua and ask them new mounting brackets or something afterwards? They seem pretty happy to please their customers with those :)

Well, Raja was a spy, he told Intel how good was Zen2 and they felt obligated to release something better before Zen2 this time around. Seems possible.

When are the expected release dates of these 9th Gen CPUs? Next year? Someone tell me or I'll drown this invisible squirrel. I am serious!

2 hours ago, Armakar said:

who else thinks AMD will do the amd special and slap 12-16 cores on a ryzen 7 rather than increasing clockspeed/ipc

Zen2 is at almost assuredly at least 12c in the Desktop. It might be 16c per die for TR, as those would be server parts, but we don't know yet. The only details we have is "Starship" was planned as a 12c part base (4 dies x 12cores). AMD is most likely moving to at least 3 dies for "Zen2", mobile/APU, desktop and server, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. Some of the people with contacts are saying 16c parts on 7nm, so we'll see.

1 hour ago, Crosseyed Sniper said:

When are the expected release dates of these 9th Gen CPUs? Next year? Someone tell me or I'll drown this invisible squirrel. I am serious!

H2 2018. That's the only official word we have on any roadmaps for Z390. Intel will barely have all of the 8th gen parts rolled out by May 2018 as it is. So it's far more than likely to be Fall 2018. Or we get a mid-Summer release to stem AMD's Ryzen refresh. 

We don't know. Intel's Roadmap is the most opaque it's been in years.

C5Hta_fVUAAwjP3.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

As an open question, just how many cores can the consumer usefully use? I'm not saying there aren't some situations where you can't get enough performance, but we already have HEDT for that. Are the highest end consumer CPUs at 12 cores+ going to largely end up for bragging rights?