I've done it, But now I'm WORRY (PC BUILD)

Janclo

Hello all. I've been in this site for about 3 weeks now. I have been learning about pc thanks to all of you guys and your posts. 

In the past two weeks I've been putting together my first gaming RIG. My first hand build Computer, for a while I did some reasearch, but in the process of my research I made a fatal mistake. I got greedy and decided that I was going to build something that will last me for a while.

The process of building and searching around  the web for cheaper parts got to my head. and I ended up putting $1,200 dollars on my girlfriend's credit card. But as I look into the build and read about it I realize that I might have fucked the build. 

At this very moment I'm looking to game at a  Steady 1080p 60FPS, since my monitor is a bens 1080p 60hz so for now I'm rocking with that, till I can buy a better one. I heard that the GTX 1070 TI is a horrible card. I wanted to ask you guys that are better than me at this. 

Here's my build.

AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor     $189.89 

Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste     $5.55

Asus - STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard     $89.99 

G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory     $204.31 

SanDisk - SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive     $54.99 

Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive     $59.99 

Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB Video Card     $479.99 

DIYPC - IllusionI-BL ATX Mid Tower Case     $39.98 

SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply     $85.98 

[X2]  Cooler Master - SickleFlow (Red) 69.7 CFM 120mm Fan     $5.29 

Cooler Master - Devastator II Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse     $24.99 

Base Total: $1295.25

Mail-in Rebates: -$55.00.                                             Shipping: $5.99

Total: $1246.24 

As you guys can see the build isn't bad. But what I want to know is. Did I really messed it up with a GTX 1070 TI?

The 1070 Ti is still a good card. It just may not make sense to purchase, but I wouldn't return it by any means. It's a good performer. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Oook. Because I have lots of my friends telling me to take it back. 

1 minute ago, Janclo said:

Oook. Because I have lots of my friends telling me to take it back. 

Did you buy it online?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Did you buy it online?

Yea I got it from new egg. 

Just now, Janclo said:

Yea I got it from new egg. 

You will likely have a restocking fee. Returning it because you believe you made a mistake in exchange for something else will make you lose more money. 

Just now, Godlygamer23 said:

You will likely have a restocking fee. Returning it because you believe you made a mistake in exchange for something else will make you lose more money. 

Ok so let's forget this. I'm just worry that this card will perform bad. I don't want the headache for the $459 i spend on it. 

Just now, Janclo said:

Ok so let's forget this. I'm just worry that this card will perform bad. I don't want the headache for the $459 i spend on it. 

The card is perfectly fine. It may have upset some people, but it's perfectly acceptable to buy it. 

Also, I looked at 2 1070 Ti's and they were both non-refundable, and it was on one from MSI and another from ASUS, so I think it'll apply to you as well.

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The card is perfectly fine. It may have upset some people, but it's perfectly acceptable to buy it. 

Also, I looked at 2 1070 Ti's and they were both non-refundable, and it was on one from MSI and another from ASUS, so I think it'll apply to you as well.

Thank you so much dude. I'm just going to stay with it. Hopefully when I learn how to overclock it won't give me any headache. 

4 minutes ago, Janclo said:

Thank you so much dude. I'm just going to stay with it. Hopefully when I learn how to overclock it won't give me any headache. 

In case you need some reassurance, here are some benchmarks.

https://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3109-nvidia-gtx-1070-ti-review-strategic-play-ft-colorful?showall=1

At that price you could have looked up a gtx 1080 for just a couple dollars more. I think I gave $520.00 for one a week or so ago. However there isn't anything wrong with the 1070ti, it is a high performing card that will more than take care of your needs.

For 1080p/60, you're going to be fine with the 1070ti. However it wasn't entirely necessary to go that far. A 1060 or an RX 570/580 could've gotten you 1080p/60 and saved some money. GTX 970/980, Radeon 7000 series, R9 Nano... really you had a lot of options. Would've saved you even more to go a Ryzen 1500 build.

The technology put into hardware these days has improved, sure. But if you're looking for such a bog standard performance metric based on where you THINK graphically intense games are going to go down the line you still wouldn't have done too wrong with slightly older hardware. We've hit the ceiling when it comes to ultra realistic graphics, imho.

Get an Xbox One X if you want 1080p/60 with the best looks...don't hate me, just sayin