[US] [WALMART] 24in 144hz VA Curved Freesync Monitor 100$ Free Shipping

iamdarkyoshi
Go to solution Solved by mvitkun,

Correct me if I'm wrong, there are multiple different ED242QR models, I think the wi is the 75hz one while Abidpx is the 144hz.

Acer's own site is less than clear on this, you can find two different models of the ED242QR but none with the wi suffix.

Just a disclaimer, walmart said nothing about 144hz, VA panel, or displayport. However, googling the listed model brings me to acer's site, which says they are 144hz DP VA monitors

4ec69fdd-8edf-4d9f-a07d-8b30cb764970_1.40d69db0887fb268b21d610082a946d1.jpeg.68c641d877fc7ba7e36bfd055b414b74.jpeg

https://www.walmart.com/ip/56126849

Pretty damn cheap for a halfway decent monitor.

Free shipping too, which is rare for monitors...

I am both irritated and sad, if only this was at Walmart when I went for black Friday, might have been able to get it...

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Why do I have to live in Canada....

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

10 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

You can order it though

well yeah, but theres no way my dad would get it after black Friday. the only way I might have been able to get it would have been while we were at Walmart

EDIT: Actually nevermind, asked my dad and he said yes so yay

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

Correct me if I'm wrong, there are multiple different ED242QR models, I think the wi is the 75hz one while Abidpx is the 144hz.

Acer's own site is less than clear on this, you can find two different models of the ED242QR but none with the wi suffix.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

6 hours ago, mvitkun said:

well that's a bit saddening, but I am getting it so I will be able to confirm whether it is or not in roughly a week, I've give an update once I get it, and yes I know the sale will most likely be over by then

Spoiler

On 11/25/2017 at 5:50 PM, mvitkun said:

This Amazon listing supports that theory:

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Monitor-ED242QR-FREESYNC-Technology/dp/B0756LBSSQ?th=1

Hi there!

Ok, I have gotten the monitor and it seems to be 75hz, 

Spoiler