Oneplus goes (almost) anti-Black Friday

Default_Idiot
Just now, Anjelllo said:

Well i’d hope they’s be able to keep those fees under 100$, but I don’t really care, if a company offers a deal it’s not my job to give them financial advice

Of course - but I was simply pointing out that an S8 at $400 is likely losing money.

As for consumers? It's no doubt a great deal.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What kind of crazy Black Friday discounts is apple doing with their phones?

oh wait. 

8 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

What about Android Updates and Security Updates?

one big reason to stick to iOS is updates... the iPhone 5S from the end of 2013 is still getting updates whereas all the android phones from 2014 or even 2015 in some cases aren't getting updates anymore....

it's sad and this needs to be fixed. Android has been too awful on updates for way too long

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

11 hours ago, Septimus said:

Compare it to what else you can get for $500 though and becomes quite an appealing option.

I will agree to a degree.

I was actually in the market and wanted for OP5 to be awesome, but considering the price tag and the list of features that it doesn't have and should have I decided to go for V30. If it ever decides to come to my country. For many it may be a good budget solution, but I think for the price it lacks some features. I was kind of disappointed this year. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

16 hours ago, RKRiley said:

I mean they are great value to start with, don't really need a discount on them unless you're a true cheap ass. 

Cannot agree more.

22 hours ago, Anjelllo said:

I never pay full price for anything..... I like oneplus but they won’t have my business.

#hagglelyfe

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

21 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I will agree to a degree.

I was actually in the market and wanted for OP5 to be awesome, but considering the price tag and the list of features that it doesn't have and should have I decided to go for V30. If it ever decides to come to my country. For many it may be a good budget solution, but I think for the price it lacks some features. I was kind of disappointed this year. 

The lack of water proofing was a feature that I was disappointed to not see.

On 24/11/2017 at 11:31 AM, Anjelllo said:

I never pay full price for anything..... I like oneplus but they won’t have my business.

You do, you just get tricked into thinking you dont.

1 hour ago, Septimus said:

The lack of water proofing was a feature that I was disappointed to not see.

So many negatives, I'm not sure if it's positive in the end haha. I think you're saying you're happy it's not waterproofed.

3 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

So many negatives, I'm not sure if it's positive in the end haha. I think you're saying you're happy it's not waterproofed.

I'm saying that I'm disappointed that there was no waterproofing, I find it hard to believe that it costs too much to incorporate. Either way, I ordered a OnePlus 5T to replace my iPhone 5S xD

12 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

You do, you just get tricked into thinking you dont.

Well of course I don’t expect a company to sell me a device for the exact price of the components. 

Yup, I took a screenshot when I first saw it.

N79IV2o.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Black Friday is really only a USA kind of thing. Well its not really followed here anyway. 

Me personally I don't really pay any attention to sales or discounts. I buy things because the item is what I want or need so I always go in expecting to pay full price and if there just happens to be a discount then its just a nice bonus. 

On 11/24/2017 at 11:16 AM, Default_Idiot said:

Personally I think that's okay to some extent. I don't think that it's that fairly priced, considering that they're still exploiting so many workers in China. But still, some of the components could be the reason for the higher price - things like UFS 2.1 and the RAM are not that cheap anymore. Also, back when they were selling the OP3, there was a shortage of AMOLED displays. But still, the jump from 399 for the OP3 to 499 for the 5/5T is pretty bad for the whole "flagship killer" thing. Not that it's not a great deal, I'm just expecting the price to hit the 600 mark sooner or later.

I Think they are still at the same price Compared to the Competition as all there other releases. or at least very similar 

One Plus one was 300/350 at the time flahship phones were 650 

One plus 3 400/450 at the time of its launch s7 Edge and Iphone 7 Plus both 5.5 inch phones were 770 & 780 

One plus 5T at 500   iphone x is 1000,  pixel is 850,   LG V30 800,   s8+ 850,  note 8 930 

Its stayed close to 50% mark swaying above and below it depending on the phones your comparing it too The whole smart phone industry is upping there prices. 

There is some leakage higher but its only by like $0-75 again depending on the phone you compare to to iphone X $0 leakage. Pixel its $75  in the case of the LG or smaller S8 it gets a little larger but i find the pixel and iphone to be its closest competitors or v30 personally.