Worth upgrading my 6600K?

Kaita

I've been thinking about upgrading my CPU for a long time and currently waiting for the i7 8700 to be back in stock again but this one deal on Amazon caught my attention. It was an R7 1700 + Asus ROG X370-F for $370. I currently have a 6600K but it doesn't do well when streaming and my motherboard freezes up/BSOD's when connecting to one of the 4 USB ports at the back which is kinda inconvenient. I have a dual monitor setup and play games on my main 1440p 165hz monitor and planning on upgrading to a 1080 Ti in the near future. Would it be worth it to upgrade to the Ryzen bundle? Would it even be considered as an upgrade? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

If you want to stream more or edit go for it. I personally would think thats is an upgrade and the AM4 is supposed to be supported for a while so later you could move up some more if you want.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Ryzen is great but if you want to push 165FPS on a 165Hz screen then you will have to go either with 7700k or 8600k/8700k and a Z370 mobo.

Are you sure that it isn't your RAM causing issues?

2 minutes ago, WereCat said:

yea 8gb for streaming is kind of low.. i can use up my 8gb just by running a game and a web browser with a few tabs in the background..

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

yea 8gb for streaming is kind of low.. i can use up my 8gb just by running a game and a web browser with a few tabs in the background..

5 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Ryzen is great but if you want to push 165FPS on a 165Hz screen then you will have to go either with 7700k or 8600k/8700k and a Z370 mobo.

It is low. I mostly noticed it when playing games like GTA V and having chrome tabs/music on my 2nd screen and it would freeze for a few seconds. I already ordered a 16GB kit but was wondering if a CPU upgrade is necessary. The problem with 8700K is that I really can't find a good deal anywhere.  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

Just now, Kaita said:

It is low. I mostly noticed it when playing games like GTA V and having chrome tabs/music on my 2nd screen and it would freeze for a few seconds. I already ordered a 16GB kit but was wondering if a CPU upgrade is necessary. The problem with 8700K is that I really can't find a good deal anywhere.  

you can monitor cpu usage on your second display when gaming. check that.

She/Her