System being bottlenecked by my HDD ?

Lean18

Yesterday i bought a Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2 motherboard for a esports machine and for a portable pc that i can take with me and hook up to my dads television. Everything is ok, except for when i try to download something. It works fine, then stops for a moment and then works ok again, my net is 100/100 (mbps up/mbps down) and i get around 90mbps ( on both- ul and dl ) on my main machine. Just tested and got 89/92 on my main machine and 65/95 on that other machine. Im downloading CS:GO from Steam, and it works for some time, then stops, then works again. ive downloaded like 3.9Gb in a hour. Can download the entire game on my main machine in 20ish minutes.

My test setup:

CPU: A8-6600K

GPU: HD5450 and its integraded

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A78M-HD2

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB 1600Mhz - Might change in future and might upgrade to 8.

PSU: China 500W

HDD: SeaGate 160Gb drive that i pulled out of an old pc, it might be the one causing this.

If you need any more info, or do disk speed test, just tell me. Ill prolly be here.

the problem probably isnt your hardware. the steam download servers sometime crap out randomly or are verry slow to begin with. im having the same kind of problems and have 500up/down. you can try to change your download servers. that sometimes works for me

Just now, Jessekiller101 said:

the problem probably isnt your hardware. the steam download servers sometime crap out randomly or are verry slow to begin with. im having the same kind of problems and have 500up/down. you can try to change your download servers. that sometimes works for me

Sorry for being noobish, but how do i do that ?

4 minutes ago, DxMoose said:

Sorry for being noobish, but how do i do that ?

in steam click setting on the top left. then click downloads and in there you can change your download server. 

Just now, Jessekiller101 said:

in steam click setting on the top left. then click downloads and in there you can change your download server. 

Okay, thanks! Let me see if that helps.