Is this 3d printer an amazing deal or crap?

Legolessed

I found this 3d printer at best buy and want to know if its worth it? I know some sruff on gearbest and such is better but with really long shipping and best buy also has a black friday thing tommorow where i will probably be able to get it even cheaper. But is it a good printer? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xyzprinting-da-vinci-minimaker-3d-printer-blue-red-yellow/5667100.p?skuId=5667100

im not expecing much. I just want to print some stuff in pla for projects, right now im using my friends but it takes forever to get the prints from him and such. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Do I see it's an xyz printer from the url? Xyz printers are usually shit from what I've heard. 

Sold out anyway???

1 hour ago, makersmuse said:

Also worth noting that almost all XYZ printers are DRM cartridge locked like ink jet printers... pretty much the only manufacturer to do it.

Theres a tool you can get that will reset the chips on the filament and allow you to use anything you want. You just load your filament onto their cartridge and then flash the chip and your good.

This is like the Apple mac of 3d printers. Its great and kinda just works BUT, DRM Spools of plastic and also its own specific software etc. Its good because it works but the plastic is expensive and you cant do much to upgrade the printer or improve print quality.

not a good printer at all. This is mostly due to the fact that the company that sells the printer wants you to use their filament only adn so you can not use cool filaments that random companies make.

The only reason I'm here is that I have homework that I don't want to do

PC  Specs   CPU: Intel Celeron N3060 |GPU: Intel HD graphics 400 |RAM2 gigs  |STORAGE16 gigs

It took me half an hour to find where to change my signature :(

I've read that the upgrades on that printer doesn't do much