Google admits it tracked user location data even when the setting was turned off

DrMacintosh
Just now, bcguru9384 said:

i presented an opinionated statement that the 2 of you jumped on

shall i look back thru this thread and see where you have already participated as this is the shit i expect from lurick

LOL

You're just mad that I can destroy your ignorance in just a few sentences with facts and real world logic.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

apology doc you did start thread 

ive read too many today and have seen your name in several of them

1 minute ago, bcguru9384 said:

apology doc you did start thread 

ive read too many today and have seen your name in several of them

Yeah I'm pretty active hear and I'm proud of my polarizing opinions because seeing the same views over and over is boring. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

did not say anything about encryptions as anyone really wanting true encryption writes their own cipher program

No, that's a terrible idea.

Encryption is incredibly complex and in order for it to be deemed safe it has to go through rigorous testing.

It's not something you want to mess around with.

with not even 1 word why

you came and told i was wrong with not even an opinion to explain your point 

I linked the video which you obviously did not watch even after I explained that it contained a good explanation of my reasoning, so I guess I'll type it out now:

• What is legal or illegal now can and does change over time, so that data could easily be used against you in the future even if you don't worry about it at the moment
  • If that data leaks, it could be used by other countries in other places with different laws, or by criminals for whatever they want
  • It can and is used by these companies (or even individual employees with access to it) for whatever they feel like, which may or may not be what you'd like it to be used for, and you have little if any power over this, or even the knowledge that they're doing it

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

Yeah I'm pretty active hear and I'm proud of my polarizing opinions because seeing the same views over and over is boring. 

my biggest complaint is the law agencies useing criminals technique to enter and monitor my devices with out a court order just so they can probe to see if it is worth asking for warrent/courtorder

why i record my net logs minus video and audio data (eats 7gb a day sometimes but its a record none the less) 

1 minute ago, bcguru9384 said:

my biggest complaint is the law agencies useing criminals technique to enter and monitor my devices with out a court order just so they can probe to see if it is worth asking for warrent/courtorder

what? xD So what illegal things are you doing then? /s

Really though... how can you go from " if you do no crimes you have 0 to worry about with tracking " to this when they're completely opposing views?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Really though... how can you go from " if you do no crimes you have 0 to worry about with tracking " to this when they're completely opposing views?

pot

thats it

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

how about you?

how about you?

Now this is off topic

On 11/21/2017 at 10:51 AM, DrMacintosh said:

All the more reason to avoid them. 

On 11/21/2017 at 10:54 AM, DrMacintosh said:

Its sad that this is expected of Google and yet people are ok with using their services as if they weren't blatantly lying to you. 

you say that like there's an option that doesn't do that... the only way not to be tracked is to live off the grid and never use the internet or phones (including landlines)

wake up man, this is the world we live in

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

just a note

ive asked my local federal agency to monitor my devices as i have nothing to hide but have been dealing with a malicious troll group

gave them my account names and passwords

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Now this is off topic

you asked me what i did illegal now you say is off topic because i asked you same

you asked me what i did illegal now you say is off topic because i asked you same

I asked rhetorically to point out the hypocrisy of you saying "if you do nothing wrong you have nothing to hide" and then a page later saying how you hate people snooping on you

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I asked rhetorically to point out the hypocrisy of you saying "if you do nothing wrong you have nothing to hide" and then a page later saying how you hate people snooping on you

thats easy 

they slow the piss out of my pc and eat up my bandwidth doing their filecopies

and if you firewall them they litterally trash your system(184.ip then that injected itself into my isp 2nd hop fom my modem)bluefish server as straight typing ip number in browser brought up the bluefish login page 

when i asked a tech friend from mediacom it was a law agencies ip

funny thing is i never would have caught them but they followed from frontier to mediacom

frontier they were at first isp hop 

mediacom=modem isp isp yucko isp then website(minus other hops)

frontier=modem isp yucko isp isprochesterNY then out of isp to website

i straight did 184.0.0.0/8 firewall block with no response on block? 

this is off topic but i would like certain someones please learn to look thru microsoft site family

if you would you will find a download to a standalone edge browser download thats vmachine ready.

i mean you put browser into virtual machine all alone no OS

just browser which makes for ridiculous fast recovery

and probe hdd all you want as the hdd is ram purposed to be virtual hdd

Nobody should really be surprised at this...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, bcguru9384 said:

how about you?

He helps me smuggle goods for Gerbals into countries with Jim Crowe laws, but for Gerbals.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.