Sandisk Extreme II - where to buy

LinusTech

Linus! I crave links! This drive looks really, really nice. Though personally I might remove that label on top.

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

What I happened I watched the video and then you tweet there is an error!

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Yeah, there was just a mistake with what controller this SSD uses. The SanDisk Extreme II uses Marvell’s 88SS9187 controller and not a SandForce based one as mentioned in the video. It was the SanDisk Extreme that used the SandForce controller. Either way, this is an excellent SSD well worth buying.

The colouring is close enough to my SSD that is no longer on the market, wouldn't mind tossing this in my rig for added storage when I have the upgrade cash again.

• 2 weeks later...

looks really sexy.

It's actually considerably cheaper here in Aus.

What I happened I watched the video and then you tweet there is an error!

In the first time he did this unboxing, he said it had a sandforce controller instead of a marvell controller.. This is a huge mistake and that's why he reuploard that video